Winter sucks

Razorskier1

I Hate Winter! Even if I wanted to ski, drivers are getting fewer and further between! It gets too dark too early, too light too late, Dammit! It will look like attached photo too soon. I Hate Winter!

• Baller

h2odawg79

I live in Lake Elsinore, near Canyon Lake. 85 miles North of San Diego on I-15.  There is a slalom course in the inlet channel which is semi private. I am also a member at the Quarry in Corona, CA., (Google Earth 33 degrees 51'55.44N 117 degrees 31'38.95W) which is private. We have 12 members and ski year round.

I am also a member at Sunset Ski Ranch Oasis in Mecca, CA., (Google Earth 33 degrees 32'28.47"N 117 degrees 04'27.27"W) Sunset is closed for Duck Hunting season until Feb. 1

Where are you? Come ski if you're in the area.

• Baller

Ditto on the I hate winter thing.  Cold sucks big time.  However, I've learned to use the winter time to 1) placate the wife by getting (somewhat) caught up on home maintainance and general honey-do stuff; and 2) working on improving my fitness level by spending time in the gym 3 - 4 times a week.  I enjoy it actually, though not nearly as much as a good water ski workout.  Been driving up and hitting the gym in south KC on Saturdays with my 23 y.o. son Junior (not his real name...) which has been a treat. The gym he goes to (24 Hour Fitness) has an Olympic length pool so I've been getting some good cardio swimming laps and amazingly (to me) the swimming has really helped my old sore worn out shoulders feel a lot better/stronger.  I never knew...

Ed

Chuck,

I,m in Nashville, Tennessee. Presently the temp is 27. I hate it. I guess that I'm going to resume my 28 year duck hunting career. At least I'll be on the water.

• Baller
Yep, I end up in the gym in the winter too.  Try to get my shoulders and core worked pretty hard along with the standard "fun" stuff like bench press, arms, legs, etc.  Up here in MN winter is just too long.  This was a better than average year in that I put the boat in on April 2 and took it out mid-November.  Early and late season skiing the water and air are really cold, but as a public lake skier I get the benefit of zero traffic, which is nice.  I also agree with Ed that the keeping the wife happy thing works better when I'm not asking her to drive me skiing every morning at 6:30AM or pestering her again whenever the lake gets calm!  Good thing she likes to drive, and even seems to like me OK (most of the time)!  Would love to head south and west to ski more in the winter, but that gets back to the keeping the family happy thing, so it doesn't happen often enough.  Ah well. 

Chuck,

I'm in Nashville. Unfortunately, the only times that I've been back to Cali in the last 16 yrs. has been a wedding, Father in the Hospital and 2 funerals...

I grew up in Rancho Cucamonga and still have a Bro in Law out in Elsinore. Elsinore would be great for me, with Slalom and V-drive Mondays for Flat Bottoms!

I'll certainly give you a shout if something changes for me!

My dream is to Live on a ski Lake somewhere SUNNY and WARM! (Nashvilles cold/grey winters are So depressing) 

This was shot on Elsinore Jan. 2, 2010 SUNNY AND WARM!

• Baller

Some seriuos snow overnight.  Spent an hour blowing my driveway just so I could get to work.  Hate winter!  Loving the ski video posts on BOS, though...lots of self analysis going on.  Back in the gym big time trying to catch up to Razor1 on the bench press.  Speaking of Razor, ordered one yesterday...a little excitement to hold me over until spring. 

• Baller
Okeeheelee was 68 water/ 75 air today. Tomorrow is 68 water/78 air. But Tuesday is predicted to be 39 for a low with possible records being broken. We had our worst Winter ever last year, hoping to not get a repeat this year...

Brent is right, Allegiant Air flies out of my town.  Works out perfect, the airport is 10 minutes from my office and these regional airports are so easy!  You can park, check in, get through security and be on a plane in under an hour and 15 minutes!

Left Springfield, MO at 12:50Central on Friday afternoon and was in the water pulling out for a pass at 5:15pm in Orlando!  Its a thing of beauty!

• Baller

So I'm snowblowing the other day, and get a little too close to my wife's decorative bench where the auger catches it and breaks off a leg.  Real nice.  I propped it back up...perhaps some duct tape.

I later decide to blow out next to the grill cuz I grill all winter long.  Forgot the hose was still coiled up there under the 8 inches of snow...predictable result.  I hate winter. 

• Administrators

What exactly is this "Snow" stuff you guys are talking about.

My freakin old bones are so happy to be getting a break from skiing. My elbows were super critical by the end of last season

Forecast ConditionsHigh °F

Low °FPrecip.

Chance

Tonight

Dec 8

Clear

N/A

20°

0%

High not valid after 2pm

Thu

Dec 9

Partly Cloudy

44°

29°

10%

44°F

Fri

Dec 10

Partly Cloudy

51°

37°

20%

51°F

Sat

Dec 11

Showers

52°

33°

40%

52°F

Sun

Dec 12

Few Snow Showers / Wind

35°

10°

30%

35°F

Mon

Dec 13

Flurries / Wind

22°

7°

30%

22°F

Tue

Dec 14

Mostly Sunny

31°

15°

10%

31°F

Wed

Dec 15

Sunny

40°

22°

0%

40°F

Thu

Dec 16

Partly Cloudy

43°

27°

20%

43°F

Fri

Dec 17

Rain / Snow Showers

45°

33°

60%

45°F

Last Updated Dec 08, 5:05 PM CTPrintable Forecast

Details

Video

Text

Averages

NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads

• Baller

Christmas palm tree? And jackalopes need to pass as reindeer in the desert. It was 80f yesterday - but the water was cold. Really cold. I had to tie in a buoy and went in commando. Big mistake - or should I say little mistake. The water was COLD. About one inch weenieheight (that's cold in C or F). Glass but my driver bailed on me (where were you Chuck?). I hate waterskiing in the winter - I'm heading to Tahoe for some appropriate winter skiing. Goode snow skis rock!

Eric

Ha ha makes me laugh. I love winter. Its snowing today and Ill be skiing in the morning. I must say though I have been in Maui for the last ten days. The surfing was great and the weather was even better. Highs in the 80's and lows in upper 60's. Water temps were about 74 deg When the winter gets you down take a trip to warmer climates.

Hence the name "KONA"