Cape Town, South Africa Skiing at "Lac Du Soleil"

MAD11

• Baller

I got to grab a few sets over the weekend during my trip to Cape Town at a site called Lac Du Soleil. It's a new site owned by Anton Viljoen. Couldn't ask for a better host and I really appreciated the hospitality so much that I'm hopefully skiing there again this coming weekend. The place is unbelievably beautiful and skis as well as any in the states.(water reminded me of Cottonwood except Joe doesn't have any Kudu hanging around) No complaining either about being 10,000 miles from home and getting to ski behind the exact same boat that I have, an 09 Malibu. Many may know Anton from West Palm or know of his daughter Gabriel, who came in 2nd last year at the Jr. Masters and I think she has also won at Moomba.  Great people and I feel lucky to get to spend some time with them here. I met them last year at Jodi's place and who would have known I'd be coming here often for work. Meeting people like this is what makes our sport great. Hopefully when they are in the states this fall, Texas will be on their list of travels. (I did tell them to enter the Cottonwood record ASAP as it can't be missed, and possibly the Ballers Bash)

Check out the photos. Those big guys met me at the gate(the pic is dark, I had some stupid filter set on my Iphone). Also check out the website below. Sites for sale soon I believe.

www.lacdusoleil.co.za

Marc  http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/marcaustin11/Iphone077.jpg http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/marcaustin11/Iphone074.jpg

• Baller

Andy,

I ask and let you know what I find. I'm heading home on Tuesday. Been a good, but long trip. Most likely back here again early Feb. Got to ski at Anton's again this weekend and the place rips. If you contact the guy that runs this site he seems to know what is going on down here.  Don't remember his name. www.waterskisa.co.za

Marc

• Baller

Thanks for the info, I have skied a few different lakes in SA, usually Thornlea dam which is approx 2hr drive from the in-laws. But they are moving and weren't thinking about there son in-law now a 7 hr drive, very inconsiderant of them and not good with three children under the 4.

I live in South Africa and herd this a really awsome ski site :)

At our dam, near Durban, the water temp is 78 F and pretty sure it is similar in Capetown. If anyone is looking for some where to ski, email me on ski6@waterskisa.co.za