Next Ski - Senate C, Vise, or Strada?

MJE

• Baller
Looking for a little input. Currently on an 09 Senate C skiing 34mph and just getting into 32 off. The local shop has some nice deals which has gotten me thinking about a new ski. Was thinking about the 2011 Senate C. Will I notice a big enough difference between the 09 and 2011 skis to make it worth while? Is the Vise or the Strada a better choice to help me progress? Or am I fine with what i have until the rope gets shorter? Thoughts?

• Administrators

If price is not an issue just go get the Strada. I have not ridden the Vice yet but everything I've heard is very positive. The vice is a lot less money but I don't think it less of a ski. On the other hand the Strada is a known quantity and if you're getting into 32 off it will be night and day from your 2009 Senate.

The 2011 Senate is going to be a significantly better ski than your 2009. The old Senate was a good ski but the new ones even better.

• Baller
MJE, I agree with John that you should go directly to the all carbon PVC core Strada. The Vice with it's 50% carbon layup and poly-urethane foam core can be a great choice for a lot of skiers, especially those who are still working on their technique that will appreciate the slightly higher recovery/rebound time of the Vice. The 100% carbon laminates and lighter PVC core of the Strada create instant acceleration at the finish of the turn and will almost always be preferred by skiers of your caliber. The top quality, high end and time proven components of the Strada have been the benchmark for tournament skis for some years now and it's been my experience that skiers who have made the choice to go with the top echelon ski have been more than satisfied with their choice and the fact they don't have to second guess themselves later. And ayway - if your destination is New York - why would you want to get off in Chicago?

• Baller

I've made the purchase and now have a Strada to stare at until the ice/snow melts. Can't wait to try it out.

Richard, I'm running RS1 bindings on a seq plate. 

Thanks for all the input,

Mike 

• Baller

the strada is a very good ski easy to ski on I have run more -35 at 34mph on this ski than any other I have been on. And I'm in Ak working every summer for 6-8 weeks, so I miss most of the summer. but the ski is amazing!! I come home and get right into short line I went for average of 4@-35  to 4@ -38

you made a great choice you will be shorting the rope one more loop this yr.

thinkshort

Deano