What binding are you on, and what do you like or dislike about it?

TNh2oskier

• Baller
I have a size 10.5 foot and am in a size 10 Strada. I heated mine at home and when I built a little toe cap and put the toe of a heavy sock on then put a sock over that. When I put my foot in I pulled on the liner to stretch it out a little. After everything cooled with the socks off I am very comfortable in the boot. I can feel the end of the liner with my big toe but I don't feel like I am stuffed into it.

Same here.

Size 10.5 - 11 depending on shoe. Ordered size 11 Strada's. First two weeks or so, seemed a little tight, too short on the front binding.  Did not do the heating procedure as the local shop recommended against it since I had been using them for awhile. After about a month they were a lot better.

Going to try an insert in the front binding to see if that helps out this year.

• Administrators

I always tell skiers to go half size up the Strada boots. There's nothing you can do for a boot that is too small. If the Strada's are a little big you can heat mold them or add extra insoles.

I then add the aftermarket insoles to take up some additional space.

It is no secret that I'm a big fan of the Radar boots..... I talked to Adam at O'Brien today about the prodigies and if I can get a demo pair I will ride them and let you guys know what I think.

• Baller
Ditto RS-1's. Size 9.5 foot in size 9 boots. Green superfeet inside. Single plate. 3rd season. Heated to plump them up after 1st season, still so comfy. I leave the liners in when I take my feet out.

Are you all using Superfeet insoles corresponding to the size of the boots, or do you need to go up a size with the Superfeet? I have size 10 RS-1s, which are a Superfeet size E, but to me it seems like the bottom of the boots is much roomier than a normal size 10 shoe.

Just bought a Senate-C with Double Stradas, looking forward to trying them. My brother rides stradas and really likes them. Had i bought an HO ski i would have gone with the exo system likely. But for any other ski, and overall to be honest, the stradas seem like a great design and unlike the HO system easily mount to almost any ski.

• Baller
RS-1s starting 4th season on them. Shoe size 10.5, RS-1 11s. I wear a custom orthotic along with a green superfeet insole. The superfeet insoles I bought are longer than the boot, so I cut the toe area down to an exact fit (to answer a question earlier in the thread). The reason I have both insoles in there is to take up volume as my feet are long and slender. I've come out when needed, stayed in when needed. While no system is perfectly safe, I believe this system (and possibly the FM E series) are the safest overall as they release when needed and WILL NOT PRE-RELEASE.

• Baller
I liked the RS1's much better than the Strada's. I think they were stiffer front to back than the Strada's and I never could get the fit I wanted with the Strada's. I'm now on Powershell 5s. It took at least 25 sets to get to where I'm comfortable on them but I love em now. I'm going to take the heel lifter off, though, cause it allows the back boot to rotate after a couple of sets.

• Baller
What do you mean by "rotate?" The heel lifter (if you mean the spring thingy) is there to allow the rear heal and foot to start upward and begin the peeling of the interlock in a fall. Release without it is problematic at best which is why they added it (they won't admit this of course).

• Baller
There is not enough surface area, it appears, with the washers in between the plate and the shell. Over time, the back of the boot cocks sideways. I've talked to numerous people with the same issue. MAD11 resolved his by cutting out a G10 plate that takes the place of the washers so there is increased surface area to clamp against.

Ed,

I am a die hard Radar guy and I loved everything about the boots. Comfort, warmth, fit and quality.

I tried everything I could to keep my tip down after I grab the handle comming out of the ball but nothing worked unless I totally concentraded on keeping weight on my front ball of front foot. I tried canting, spacing and moving froward and aft on the ski. I do not know of anyone else who has tried them and not liked them. I think that the Approach has a forward lean to them and I have been on them too long. I just ran out of time to keep trying them. I was missing my openers. The only thing left for me to try are the T factors. I may end up back in a Wiley trick wrap. The power shell was OK but I value the few years of skiing I have left and will never count on DL to save my accilies and ACLs.

• Baller

Fair enough, thanks for the feedback Mark.

As an aside, I owe Tad a public apology. Literally 10 minutes from the time I posted my little rant above Tad called me back, answered my questions, and took my order. I know better than to bitch in public... We're good now Tad, right?? :>)