Hortons Southern Fried Baller Safari (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi & Louisiana)

Horton

• Administrators

This is very preliminary and I have not told my wife yet but…

The Masters are the last weekend in May and Darwin’s record in Shreveport is the next weekend. So I am thinking I might fly to the Masters and then drive to Shreveport for the next weekend.

I wonder what a guy with a ski and a camera could do for a few  days between Pine Mountain and Shreveport? Might be fun to see how many lakes I could visit. Again this is totally all talk at this point. I am only looking to catch a ride with Ballers. No need to suggest some lake owned by some  guy you know.  If you do not read this site, I am just some dude looking for a ride during the week.

If you have a lake in that zone along I20 and want to be a part of my Safari, let me know. .

• Baller_

Theirs SRB in North West Florida where the current Womens World record was broke! We too are having a tournament the  weekend after the Masters as the close out date for the US team tournament scores end on the 20th of June.

Stop in and have a tast of the Red Neck Riveria!

• Administrators

Scoke,

Your on! Smart may be my wingman. Poor bastartd does not know yet.

I want to swing through Monroe and try to ski the Bayou.

Matt,

We will talk. I assume you do not want to drive all the way to Shreveport? After a week on the road with me you would hate my guts.

• Administrators

Dawg,

Yea I know I should just come ski.... but I am talking about a "Southern Fried Baller Safari". I have already started thinking about the t-shirt design....

The way I see it, as long as I have Chad's phone number to get me out of jail I am safe.

• Baller
Horton, as you come across I20 thru Alabama, if you want to detour 90 miles to the north you'll be at my place.It's a bit out of the way but you'd be welcome at my little slice o' heaven.

Can hook you up with a good old fashioned barber too!!

I guess that I had better call JD and enter the June 4-5 Tourney. Can't miss this one. You better put Tennessee on your Southern Fried Tour. I will show you the fun and challenges of public lake skiing! 8 hr. drive to Shreveport ain't no step for a stepper! And, yes the soul of this sport just may be in the bottom of a beer glass!

Water Ski BFN!  Not a hotel with 60 miles.  No permanent residence on the property, just a few camp houses.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5098/5493466324_0564c05ec5_b.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5215/5492894605_482b559b0b_b.jpghttp://farm6.static.flickr.com/5215/5492894605_482b559b0b_b.jpg

• Administrators

Planning for the trip still in its early stages. But if somebody's around Monday morning at Divorce Lake,  I don't think I could miss it.  Officer Smart and I are still working on the details. We looked at the possibility of going to Atlanta but it is too far out of the way. Dave has some killer plane tickets if we can fly into Birmingham. We will go to the Masters Saturday and Sunday and then start heading West. According to the Google Earth file Divorce Lake is clearly the first stop.

From there I don't really know. I only see five lakes in Alabama on the Google file. Shelby is trying to convince me to come to Baton Rouge.

Where is Jay Leach's Lake? And what is it called? What is the name of the site in Canton? I know there are some ski lakes in Jackson, are there Ballers in Jackson? I don't really want to stop at ski lakes and ski with people that are not fans of BallOfSpray.

Does anybody know where we should stay at the Masters? Considering we will be on the road for 10 days we need to try to do it on the cheap. There must be a dirt bag motel somewhere around Callaway Gardens. 

• Baller
Finding a hotel in Pine Mountain is pretty hard on memorial day weekend. The Masters brings in a good number of people to a town that only has a few hotels. Also it is a vacation spot for the long weekend. Staying inside Callaway can be pricy I would check the rates for the Inn and see what its going for, usually around $170 a night. If you want to relive your college days you can camp at FDR State park right next to Callaway. They also have cabins we have stayed there every year but we do have to book 11 months in advance. It never hurts to check and see if they have any open as well.

• Baller
We will definitely be at Divorce Lake on Monday. There is a motel at Exit 2 (I-85) in West Point that is reasonable, and only 15 miles from Callaway. There is also an Econo-Lodge at Exit 79 in Lanett Al. It is only 2 miles from West Point. My contact info is on the Divorce Lake website.

• Baller_
If you fly in to Birmingham, Talladega is just up the road about 20 mins.  If you have to kill 1/2 a day you could go to the museum there and the size of the place will amaze you.

• Baller
About 7 years ago myself, and 5 other escapees from the hospital for the criminally insane, decided to get away from the jetskis and pontoon boats and build our own private ski lake. While we were sitting around one day discussing the project, my wife said " you need to name it Divorce Lake because some of us will probably end up that way before it's finished" . The name kind of stuck. Our LLC is even named that. We did have a couple of close calls, but as of yet we are all still firmly entrenched in wedded bliss.

• Baller
If you're into racing history, Barber Motorsport Museum is in Birmingham. They have an awesome collection of Lotus F1 cars, other race cars and vintage motorcycles. Said to be the biggest collection of motorcycles in the world. It's impressive.

It's about 10-15 min from the airport.

Horton

When ever you decide to make your move east from the Masters our lake here in Meridian is only 5min off the interstate. I can ski at anytime during the day or evening and if you want to ski on the shortest lake ever its only 90 miles west  in jackson and would travel over and ski there also with you.  To see the expression on your face would be Priceless!!!!!!! Just let me know