New Software

Phil2360

Hey John, FYI,

Just clicked on this thread:-

Other Stuff Enter to win a $200 ski shop credit or a copy of movie Gifted. 2011 BallOfSpray Reader Survey;

Could only scroll down & see about 8 or 9 messages of the 36 & didn't seem to get any "Next Page" options at the bottom

of the screen.

Cheers

Phil

PS. Same on the "Namo" Thread. Only seeing the first 7 posts & no Next page.

John,

I like the look. You must have been working long and hard. Good job.

I do get a “Done, but with errors on page.” With Explorer 8, but I don’t see the errors.

I don’t see icons for adding pictures and videos, am I just overlooking them.

• Administrators

yea there are some bugs. When that happens. Close your browser all the way down and reopen.

It will take some time to work all this out. Thanks

• Baller

Lets do a test. I attached a file then clicked Insert Image

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/6/606.jpg

Clicking insert image will put in the code that will embed the image. As for video you can get the code from youtube. I will see if it is possible to up load a video using the attach a file.

• Administrators

There are some bugs... going to take a few days. Just stick with me.

There will be instructions for videos and images.

I have been screwing with this for so long that I just got mad and pulled the trigger last night.

• Baller

To get a topic to become marked as read (by actually reading it, not using the "mark all viewed" link), you need to click the "discussions" link, not your browser's back button. Something to toss on the back burner while images/videos get straightened out.

And I thought my days of software QA were over...

• Baller

I don't by default see the bottom of the forum page in IE if the topic is to long.

The scroll bar on the browser doesn't resize to allow scrolling to the bottom of the forum page.

If I select the forum text as if to "Copy" and drag down to the bottom then the forum frame (not the browser page) scrolls down to the bottom of the forum. There is no scroll bar visible on the forum frame (not sure there should be).

Chrome works fine, the browser page is sized to show the entire forum frame.

This just an observation I stumbled across that I thought be useful in debuging.

• Administrators

Yea I think that is caused by an old version of IE. What version are you running?

Not sure yet. Thanks.

I am slowly working out the bugs. Believe it or not I have been tinkering since December.

"Would it kill u to work w/ ie and read BOS with FireFox "

Probably not, what I had to do here. Interestingly; I support & install hardware & software for small business clients with networks consisting of 6 to 12 PC's. The size & annual revenue of these sites seems to dictated that their IT equipment must last roughly 5 years. They also hate spending money on IT for some reason, maybe it's a parallel to "Cutting into their Skiing Budgets".

Anyway that means life's dictated by what runs consistently over a variety of older systems & needs to be a bit of a constant quantity.

Cheers

Phil

• Baller

John,

No, it woudn't kill me.

I was on firefox a couple of years ago. We got a bought by a larger company and started using their IT and Web based business apps. Firefox (not sure which version) didn't work well with the new apps, so I was constantly bouncing between firefox and IE.

Finally got tired of it and just started using IE.

I'll probably check out your recommended versions of Chrome and Firefox on my business apps. Maybe one of them will work better for that than IE7 does for BOS forum.

Either way it's not a big deal to me. I'll take a look after you settle in on the new forum software.

It's all good, ski season is here!!

• Administrators
JC Looks like I will have to do it for you. It also looks like you already have two accounts. Email me and let me know how you want your account. horton@ballofspray.com

• Baller

John, can you get a feature to go to the last post from the discussions page? I use lots of different computers and I don't always sign in so I end up paging through lots of posts I have read to get to the latest relevant posts. If my internet is slow or phone based this is a pain.

Eric

• Baller

Skifly lets me click on the last page to open a discussion. Epicski default opens to the last comment. CRB is reverse display. In the old version I could click on "last comment" to go to the last page. There does not seem to be a standard but your old version was the most user friendly. Scrolling through many pages (including the sign in page) is really tough where the internet is slow - everywhere I travel.

The new site seems to load faster than the old site - very nice. Also it doesn't drop (and erase) my posts without warning. But I lost my banner.

Eric