Reflex Bindings

Dholtrop

• Baller

I know 3 skiers that use them it makes the boot a liitle stiff forward but does not make it stiffer backwards.

try it you may like it. I love the feel, being a snowskier I like a little resistance forward. I had mine stiched on the linner so it will not move around during a set. double back tape will hold it place for trial run.

Deano

• Baller

Ankle/knee injuries from boot not releasing are more or less eradicated PROVIDED mechanism is not set above recommended level. Injury can come from pre-releases where the boot pops off when not intended. Unfortunately most reflex skiers I know have had this happen at least once.

Also worth noting if you haven't skied on hardshells before you will find it very different to begin with as every movement of yours is transferred through to the ski, where as rubber will bend a little before the ski moves, so is generally considered more forgiving.

Radar Strada boots are popular for their 'best of both' nature, a good connection to the ski, with a bit of give too. Can't pre-release from them either and they seem to release well as long as the laces are left with some give in them when tightened. I have seen a lot of posts on this site from skiers who love them and I use them personally and have not yet had problems (single boot & RTP)

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller

the 404 silverato heel is as old as me, a proven at snow ski binding the swiss designed and used in ww2 that set the standard back ???

the 505 is the new version.

I used them 26 yrs ago AT skiing Back country in the nw.

if you set the system up correctly, it works great. I have never had a prerelease, and the 4 skiers I know have never had a prerelease either. and we have all crashed and released when needed

I have the skier put the boot on click into the binding with the fin hanging off the dock (set on 4 to start with for a skier 140lbs or more, )then I have them pull up on the heel like they were doing a OTF, was the release to easy? to hard? then adjust up or down until you get the relaesae were you want it.

also make sure when the boot is clicked in the system you can not pull the heel level off the back block, the boot should be hard to click into the system. I have seen many system ordered with boots that were to lose, ( you could pull the heel level back off the block ) simple fix just move the heel one hole forward. there should be resistance when pulling up the level the click in the boot.

Being a snow skier this binding makes the most sence.

Deano