Any tips for a newbe?

skims

• Baller

If you immerse yourself in this sport, you'll get at least 100 different "secrets/tips"... of those 100, at least 50 of them will be wrong. The rest will be addressing about 5 things, but will be delivered at least 10 different ways. I hope you enjoy sorting those out. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Some of the best articles ever are in the technical section of this site, and Chris Rossi has some really good articles as well.

• Baller
Horton made a good point. Take a lot of notes, or if you can video the lessons. That way you can remember what they were telling you. It is surprising how quickly you will forget what you were told. Have fun.

Don't get discouraged, this sport can be extremely humbling at times. You will have your best set of your life and 2 hours later you may have the worst set of your life. I am guilty of being too serious about skiing and once someone reminds me that I am suppose to be having fun things start to come together.

Skims,

Video the lessons and then you can always play back to see what was said. Make sure you understand the terminoligy being used. Dont just nod your head and say yes to everything they say. If you dont understand somthing, make sure you get clairification before you attempt your next pass.