Razor rides 14 – 21

Horton

• Administrators

With only a few rides left on the Razor, I'm excited about the process of moving to the next ski but hate the idea of taking my bindings off this one. The Razor has turned out to be the real deal. I rode the Fischer a few years ago and based on my recollection the Razor is a better ski.

I'm spending some time thinking about the best way to present my review. The one thing that is for sure is that my review will be a glowing. My goal is to be unbiased and deliver information that would help someone choose a ski. In addition to unbiased opinion I'm going to simply say that this ski exceeded my expectations. I am a believer in the the Razor.

For the next few rides I will be riding the Razor the way it is currently set up. I may take the wing off and back on but I will generally be just enjoying the ride and thinking about how it feels.

I really want to throw down a big score on the ski and believe I can but for the rest of the review I will stay on the blue and green loops to get final impressions.

• Baller
My original binding position was just forward of stock (29.5"). After reading Jim's result, I moved them back one hole (just back of 29.5") and the ski performed better. Now that I'm down to "fine tuning" the set up, every incremental move is translating into better performance.

• Baller

Have been riding the razor w/shortline stock fin/wing/bindings. Amazing in some respects...crazy fast, decels well, off side turn incredible; but struggled w/consistency set to set and with width. If skied it perfectly, very rewarding...but a narrow performance window for me. I gave it enough of a shot to make sure wasn't just me and a late start to season.

Tonight moved from 23.3 for front binding from tail to 23.5. Very cool. More stable and predictable, just as much speed, and a huge boost to wide off the second wake. Off side still rocks, on side is now there as well. This is the best I have felt all season by far. Not sure if I will eventually make fin/wing adjustments in the end...will stick here for a while and see how she goes as the line gets cut. Now if the weather will just hold...today is the first day I have skied buoys two days in a row this season...unbelievable.