2011 Eagle Sports Slalom Challenge- June / Win an Eagle Vest!

Horton

• Administrators

Standings & Sign Up http://www.ballofspray.com/eagle-sports-challenge

The rules are roughly the same as last year’s EZ Fin Tool Challenge

The field will be reset on the first of every month.

Scores will be refreshed on a weekly basis. Scores from the last week of the month may lag until all turn scores are published by USAWS.

There can only be one entry per credit card and the entrant must be the owner of the credit card.

The entry fee for May is five dollars.

Your handicap will be your 2010 USAWS official average score.

Handicaps may be reviewed and scrutinize for sand baggers. Entrants with 2010 average scores significantly below previous years may be adjusted.

Your high score for the month will be subtracted from your handicap.

Skier who has the best score compared to their handicap wins.

The winner each month will win an Eagle Slalom vest http://www.eaglesports.com/

Runner-up each month will receive a EZ Fin Tool http://vidkingdom.net/content/view/57/84/

The September round may be cash prize depending on participation throughout the summer.

The rules are as simple and concise as I can make them.

Friendly competitive trash talk encouraged but unsportsmanlike conduct will be grounds for disqualification.

Winner gets the Eagle Vest of thier choice... If you want to upgrade to an Eagle Baller let me know and I will cover the custom charge.

http://www.eaglesports.com/images/products/display/BallOfSprayFront.jpg

• Administrators

Here is the June entry list. I have a terrible feeling I missed someone... let me know and I will fix it.

I will take late entries but I will only count scores done after you enter...

Watch Jeff Nilson, he did not ski last year so I had to make up his handicap.

Joe Darwin

Zap! Doane

Shane Hill

Matt P

Ward McLain

Kelvin Kelm

Phil Mandelbaum

David Panneton

Jeff Nilson

Marc Austin

Terry Bandel

Lydia Heard

Horton

The_Krista

Todd Leach

Gregory Johnson

Brad Miller

• Administrators

The scores for the first week in June are in. David Panneton is in the lead.

Lydia Heard & Phil Mandelbaum both put down CRUSHING scores but under review neither had enough rounds in 2010 so their handicaps were adjusted to a 12 month average not their 2010 average. This was a judgment call and I am open to appeal.

• Baller

What other sport changes the rules following a competition then makes it retroactive because a couple of athletes do well? Go back for the last several years and pull up scores for Lydia and I think you would agree she is no sandbagger. She practices in my backyard and I haven't seen or heard of her skiing to the level she did in last weeks tournament.

Judgement call? Please! Lack of judgement I'd say. Utilizing the 12 month average going forward is semi-fair but to tear down someone's score and the best performance of their life is unethical and unsportsmanlike.

By the way, I want to know which "little boy" out of 17 skiers came crying after the tournament because he got his feelings hurt? ("I got beat by that big, bad girl!"). Its not fair, there were rollers, the sun was in my eye, my shorts filled with water and hut my tiny little balls".

Sports do not build character. They reveal it.

- Haywood Hale Broun

• Administrators

I am not exactly sure what to do with Lynda's handicap. I am going to have to sit down and really look at her scores over the last 24 months. I do know that she did not have scores from 3 events last year.

I am happy for her to win but if every month some dark horse shows up and crushs their handicap, it is no fun for everyone who is lucky to get +1 over handicap. My goal is for the contest to be fun for the average Baller (that is why kids are not allowed). The point of handicaps is to put us all on the same level. +9 balls is not the same level….

There will have to be some new rules for July. I am thinking that any score +3 over handicap is will be scrutinized.

No one cried. When I entered the scores the other day I saw that she crushed her handicap by more than 9 balls. That is a pass and ½!

I mean holy crap. I estimate that I will NEVER get +4.5 on my current handicap. Never. I think most Ballers are in the same boat.

I do not think Horton is changing the rules at all, he stated "Handicaps may be reviewed and scrutinize for sand baggers". In fact he is doing the opposite of what he is being accused of and he actually is following the rules

Lydia's scores seem to suggest her handicap should be around 1@ 14.25 or 79 buoys. I would say give her a +4.

@Gilski, I think you may be the only person here that got your feelings hurt

Do what you think is right I’ll support it. I don’t think you’re changing the rules I read that handicaps may be reviewed and scrutinize for sand baggers. Though I’ve personally made big gains the last couple seasons and I knew going into this that since I don’t have scores for the last few years that it was possible I could get scrutinized. I’m cool with that make it the best/fairest it can be for everyone involved. I know I’m not a sandbagger I did my best (in the rain) it’ll all even out in the end.

I doubt anyone skis below par in a tournament in anticipation of a yet to be named prize in a future contest. That said, I had 2 scores in 2010: 78.5 and 76.5 with a 5% penalty for lack of tournaments made the AWSA average 73.63. Without the penalty, the average is 77.5. Confirming that is an accurate handicap, the 12 months prior through 5/11 (3 tournaments 76.5, 80 and 76) also averages 77.5.

• Administrators
I am being quiet because I have not sat down and done that math yet. I am pretty sure that you guys will all think it is fair.... or that I did my best. I hate to say it but gimmie a day or two more.

• Administrators

So here is what I did… I waited a few days until I had mostly forgotten everyones objections …

I took Lynda’s two best rounds from 2010 and her best from 2011 pre 6/1/11

I took Phil’s two best rounds pre 6/1/11

I really hate that this is not cut and dry but honestly it looks like Lydia skied out-of-her-mind the other weekend and will most likely get the vest.

• Administrators

Looks like David KILLED it but please check my sheet to make sure I have your best June score. I thought Lydia was going to walk away with it. Even before adjusting Lydia's handicap, David still crushes everyone. Trust me, I looked long and hard at his score history and can not see anything wrong with his handicap.

http://www.ballofspray.com/eagle-sports-challenge