What have you hit?

Wish

• Baller_
What have you hit with a ski, board, feet or boat? I ran over a huge turtle last week with my ski. Had a friend get fish bones removed from his foot by a doctor after footing over a school of carp.

• Baller
I hit a turtle with my ski and clotheslined a sea gull with the rope while pulling out to drop. Just last weekend had a fish jump out of the water and hit me in the shin just as I was going through the gates. Kinda wrecked my pass...

• Baller
I was in the boat in Costa Rica when a friend skied right over the top of a submerging croc. Didn't hit it but it was close. It was funny how fast he got back in the boat. We never skied near dusk after that. We made a T-shirt in honor of the moment.../vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/9/829.jpg

• Baller
Submerged car. I was pulling a friend on a jump set, right as he made is turn for the jump, he ran over the roof of a car that was about 1’ under water. It was a river site (Grand River, Lansing MI) which A) was right next to the road and B) water you couldn’t see 2” through. When the police pulled it out we were happy to find out there was no one in side!

• Baller
Hit an alligator at Okeeheelee a few years a go. Like hitting a log at the 2nd wake @ 35 off. Broke my nose and right ankle in three places. I asked the Doc, how long before I ski again? His answer was, ask me if you will ever walk again.....1 1/2 years later, and lots of therapy, finally skied somewhat.

• Baller
A guy at my old club had the great idea of having the magnet on it's own rope off of the anchor. (not on the same one as the buoy) The lake went down a bit and the magnet was floating just under the surface inside of the right hand entrance gate. Hitting a mangnet is kinda mundane compared for some of you guys, but the crash that occured at the edge change was not...

• Baller
Was riding in the boat when a guy took a seagull to the nards. He was coming around the bouy that the seagull was sitting on, and it decided to try and fly away. The bird didn't survive the encounter. I cried, but not for the loss of the seagull. It just about brings a tear to my thinking about it now. One of the funniest things I have seen.

• Baller
Hit a coot once, but the funniest one was when a small fish jumped out of the water and hit me on the left nut just as I was about to pull out for the gates, needless to say I didn't make it to the gates, wasn't funny for me but the boat crew thought it was hilarious.

• Baller

Caught a duck in my arms as I was pulling through the entrance gates. Amazingly enough I ran the pass and the duck survived.

Same sight we had some rednecks using us as target practice with their .22 caliber rifles. Didn't "hit" a bullet but I saw them splash down in front of the boat as I was skiing. That was a very surreal experience. The police caught them but they claimed they didn't see us!

• Baller_

A canadian Goose off the ramp back in the early 80's

A block of wood on Flathead lake that ripped the whole fin and fin block out of the ski, Again back in the 80's

At a recent (2008) AWSA tow boat test some foriegn Fool talked The test group to install a pool noodle as a Right side entry gate bouy on the slalom course. Some 50 or so passes had occured before I skied, on my third pass I was late for the gate and hit that pool noodle. when my fin

entered the noodle I lost all directional stability and caught the out side edge and got slamed very hard breaking the ski into two and rupturing my righ ear drum along with a bloody nose and a short time loss of mobility of my right arm. This one accident set me back nearly three years. It is funny to think that a delicate pool noodle could cause that much havoc.

• Baller

I chopped a small gator while driving last summer. Too small to do any prop damage

One of my friends fell tricking a few years ago and felt something stinging in his leg. When he reached down to see what it was he pulled up a snake which then bit his hand and swam off. Luckily nothing poisonous

• Baller
Went flying past 3 ball at 35' off many years ago in West Memphis. Little did I know that the water was 2" deep out between 3 and 5 ball. The LaPoint Pro with the double wing stopped dead and I did 5 end over end face plants. Knocked me goofy. I guess that I still am.

• Baller
Seriously? None of you know the correct answer to the original question? Actually there are several correct answers: "your mom", "your sister", "your wife", "your girlfriend", "this chick". Where the heck is ShaneH?

• Baller
Hit a beaver or muskrat at a tournament in Duluth, MN many years ago at about 8 AM and lost a day- no recollection of the day at all until I found myself in a Burger King 150 miles south at about 10 PM- may explain a few things about me... Hit a submerged fishing boat on a jump pass once- no damage. Hit a submerged railroad tie while driving a jump event in a promo that had under one hour on it- bent the shaft, prop and rudder beyond repair- it was floating about 3" below the surface and I just nailed it. Took a junebug in the eye once while pulling out for the gates- tore my contact and scratched my cornea- doc said the contact saved me from a much worse scratch. Glad there are no gators on the frozen tundra.

• Baller
Great fun topic! Well as long as its all over... Hit a log with the boat doing 40+ mph, was miles from the ramp. Thank god for insurence. 6k$ repair bill I only had to pay 500$. Had to get towed to ramp. Also a few bent props from hitting ground, and one stump. Its never fun to hit things, my best advice is to avoid hitting things with your boat. :-)