New Boat - Dealer Invoice Website

AggieSkier

• Baller
Absolutely terrible idea for boat dealers. Unlike a car dealer, who surivives on volume of sales(along with 3-5% backend money) and a large service market, boat dealers sell FAR fewer boats. On the service side, a medium sized dealer with a 200 boat/yr market will probably only do $30K a month in service so there's no way to make up for lost sales margin. It's critical for a boat dealer to be able to make a 15%+ margin on boats, otherwise they will not exist for very long. Boat manufacturers would not be served well by joining into this and providing invoice pricing.

• Baller
Unlike bass boats, pontoon boats and personal watercraft, the ski boat manufacturers are running behind and sold out for the year. The dealers must make 15-20% margins to exist. Most ski boat dealers do not like skiers. Skiers always have a deal and don't account for enough profit for a dealer to worry about. A skier costs a dealer a spray date and a boat that they(the dealer) could make a nice margin on. So, why worry about them? I send my dealer many buyer per year that they make a fair margin on. Not skiers but families and boarders. My dealer takes good care of me and we have a great relationship. But, why wouldn't we when he sells 8-10 $70,000.00+ boats that I send him each year? I think that it really doesn't matter if the public knows the cost of a boat or not. If they want it, they will have to cough it up. The used car market has become the same. It doesn't matter what NADA, Black Book, or Kelly Blue Book say. With the shortage of NICE vehicles out there, the buyer will have to pay up if he/she wants the ride. Dealers don't care what the banks and lenders tell the customer about the value of what they are buying or trading. Banks and lenders run about 1-2 months behind on current values and they don't buy cars and boats or sell cars and boats unless they are repossessed. People are wasting their time. Time is money.

• Administrators
If dealers die another part of the industry dies. My guess is most Ballers buy 1 year old promo boats.. well that is what I think they should do.

• Administrators

We MUST support the promo guys - or find a new model.

If you guys use other sites - I know you do : - ( Tell the other site owners it adapt the Ski-It-Again Promo boat RSS feed. It is not a BOS thing... it is a SIA thing for ALL websites.