Radar Sequence Plate

Fine409

• Baller

Hey all, 1st post here on this site! I've found so much great info here.

Anyways, I'm looking to purchase a 67" Radar Vice with double Strada boots in the next week or so. Question is, do you recommend mounting it with the Sequence plate that Radar offers, or will the standard plate the boots come with sufficient? I don't plan on swapping the bindings to any other skis. Thanks in advance!

• Baller

Just my opinion.... the standard plates are more then sufficient.

If you do pursue the Sequence late, it will allow you to make faster adjustment of moving bindings forward or back (with just two screws), and also has a "micro adjustment" which gives a bit more fine tuning of the same. The hardware with it (necked washers) will wear out, and must be watched. I found the Sequence plate to be a little bit "rattly". Switched back to the individual plates w/ no regrets.

Summary.....either way you'll be happy....enjoy!!

• Baller

My bindings came with it, but I really like the sequence plate.

- Able to make 1/2 hole adjustments.

- Added security if the ski breaks between your feet.

- Easy to move to other skis.

I wouldn't have said item 3 was important to me when i bought them, but when I got ready to get a new ski a few years ago it was really nice to have.

As davemac says the mounting hardware requires watching but I've not had any problems aside from replacing a few mounting parts.

• Baller
I just switched to the single plate and I'm not sure if this was an intentional feature but noticed there is a 1/4" dia hole which is exactly 13" from the front boot measuring point. If you have a rear boot mounted you can measure the distance from the center of the hole to the tail of the ski and add 13" without removing the back boot for the measurement. Is everyone else getting 13"? Love the 1/2 hole adjustments and the ability to make them quickly.