TO wrap in???

apodawil

• Administrators

Don't think about turning your body. Think about driving your rope knee around your body. The pull should be the result of your knee being in orbit around your center not a tug at any one time.

Wait crap is this about trick skiing? Go slalom.

• Baller

Pull your toe leg in as you stand balanced flat on your ski foot (it's Ok to weight the ball of the foot to initiate but you must go to flat once the ski is turning) to start the turn. As you start to turn (with the whole body) pull with the side of the toe foot as you pass through toe sideslide. Don't lead with the shoulders - if anything leads it is the ski knee. When you get close to front, drive your weight forward onto the ball of your ski foot to "set" the front position. Stay over the front and linger there until the rope starts to unwind you - then resist the unwind to control the TO out.

If you are consistently short but balanced, increase the pressure on the side of the toe foot as you pass through the toe sideslide. This will help you gain on the boat enough to get all the way around and still stay level. Also, trust the TF position and don't turn out into RTO until you are fully unwound.

Lots of tries with a good release person and you'll own that trick.

I expect to see it when I ski with you next!

Eric

I agree with both of the above. Another way it can be explained is that the pull is continious, not all when you are in the front position. Think about continuing the pull when you are in the back, and then really driving your rope knee around. Good luck!!

• Baller
You may want to work on the second half of the trick separately - wrap in TF - it will give you better control over the whole trick. Concentrate on a strong pull from your rope leg in the regular back position advancing on the boat. Beastly hard trick that opens up a bunch of possibilities - good luck!