New Speed Control system??

MCskiFreak

I saw a post over on skifly about a new speed control system based on the load on the pylon and tied directly into the throttle. Anyone know anything about this?? If you do and do want to comment please message me or email me at mwelton at uno dot edu.

• Baller

The PP switch do not sense load, it just senses that there is load present and then applies a predetermined amount of rpm increase=PX value no matter how high or low the actual load is.

A sensor that will sense the amount of load and adjust accordingly would be completely different from the PP switch.

• Baller
that is still a very reactionary process; much like loading ZO....it reacts the the skiers input via maintaining or making up to a speed constant. The RPM constant does not try and average out the set point; it just tries to maintain it. The speed base system of ZO tries to make up time if you pull the boat down and pull too long. It will be interesting to see the interaction of a load sensor on the pylon and what that input feeds. My guess is that it will feed an RPM based system. It seems it would be independent of speed.

• Baller
There are plenty of us serious slalom skiers out there, even those of us who ski tournaments regularly, who just can't come up with the extra coin to upgrade to a ZO boat. I'll run my 05 MC 197 with DBW and SG for a long time before I pay up to get to a ZO boat.

• Baller
I wish we as consumers could pick the cruise system in a new boat. I have heard Zero Off runs about $4000. I would get Star Gazer on a new boat if I could. If I had to choose between ZeroOff and Perfect Pass Stargazer, I would pick which ever one is cheaper. All that matters is the time from gate to gate 16.08 or 16.95, and good split times.. I would love to see a new SN200 on my lift, but not any time soon. If you are used to Perfect PAss, just use the B2 setting on ZeroOff. I had no trouble adapting.

• Baller
Price for zero off conversion on a 2010(?) Malibu Response ran about $3500 for someone at the lake I attend. Needed a new ECM for the boat which I think was a $900 kicker. So 4K for a new boat it may not be, however to put it in a boat (Malibu) that never had it was pretty close. BTW Did the install themselves so no labor costs.

• Baller

Whats wrong with zero off, it gives you options, and works fine, its up to the skier not to spike the boat, a bit like handling a lady, you have to coax and caress her and spend up to $2000 to get the ride of your life.

LOL ! What is the price for a flight, limousine, top class restaurant & a top class hotel for the weekend for two, I guess around $2000

• Baller
Just converted my '07 response, New ECM and ZO module, super easy plug in install, was up and running in no time! Running the wires cleanly for the GPS pucks and installing the Display in the dash is a much larger chore than hooking it up and getting it operational. Still have Gazer in the boat too...

• Baller_

Wow. Listening to the engine rpm increase, it sounds 180 degrees out of phase with the skier's pull. I would hate to see what its like when someone actually puts a load on the boat. Kind of like the very first versions of Perfect pass based on the airguide speedos.

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller
I completely agree, Bruce. It's still throttling the skier into the apex. Wayyyy late. Paul is designing something that feels good to him. Of all the videos Iv'e seen of him skiing, he's always free skiing at 32/35/38 and WAY back on the boat. I question what happens when a 35 and shorter skier in the course who's pylon extended at the buoy skis with it.