RS1 vs. Strada bindings

skims

I recently bought both but have not had a chance to try them out yet. I plan on selling which ever one doesnt work for me. What are the some of the performance changes Radar made from the RS1 to the Strada. I have put both on and the RS1 seems a lot stiffer than the Strada. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

• Baller_
Strada boots have a little thinner liner, and a little better flex front to rear. I've had both and they're all good. The laces seem to be the wear out item, but are easily replaced when necessary. I got two full seasons out of my RS1's, and they were still in great shape when I traded them to Eric for a LeeTrickSki. If and when your liners get a little "packed-out" just a few minutes in a warm oven plumps them right back up - try that with your rubber binders !

Like the others I had both RS-1s and now the Stradas. After 2+ seasons on the RS1 the front outer shell started a small split along the rear seasons. I take the liners out to let them dry after every set and this may have contributed to the split. I really liked them and I got a new set of Stradas. I like the new Stradas better. To me the Stradas lower adjustment lace is easier to dial in. Both work fine and I don't ever see myself going back to rubber

• Baller
I tried the Strada's last year and ended up back on rubber, Wileys. Probably did not give them a fair test ride as I was not sure how tight I could go and still have them release if need be. Probably rode them too loose. Been thinking of giving them another try, How tight can you go and still be confident in a release should the need arise. With the bungee set up it was a guess as to how tight I was going.

They work about the same dry as wet. On dry ground, test out different tightness and try to step out of the boot. If it feels acceptable in your test, it will probably be okay when it is inertia that pulls you up and out.