Radar RS-1 vs. 9800?

Ilivetoski

• Baller_
I also have tried both skis. For what it's worth The Radar is a far better bang or the buck. Also to me the skis ski radically different from one another. girls seem to ski very good on them!! My daughter likes Her Goode then agin she is under 125# if that makes any difference. Just jabbing a little!!!LOL!!

• Baller

http://www.goode.com/images/wstm100101rev001.pdf

Binding Installation

For pre-9800 model skis that you are not using the PowerShell or the PowerPlate System then your bindings should can be installed using #10 stainless steel sheet metal screws, 1/2" long.

(9800, 9800SL, 9900SL's must NOT be screwed into. Use only PowerShell or the PowerPlate Systems.)

• Baller
Just got off the phone with GOODE and they said that the 9800 can be drilled into as long as you have the tech at goode helping you. Doing it correctly has no risk to it. In the 9900 they decided to leave out the extra glass plate so that you would have to buy there plate (thanks alot DAVE) so all in all the 9800's drilled CORRECTLEY is OK

• Supporting Member
Barely on topic: Don't drill a Goode. I've been on Goode for many years now, and the dual-lock / plate is the best quality-of-life enhancement over that entire period. No more screws backing out after every two sets, absolutely no weakening of the ski, and someday a pristine blank if you want to pass it on to somebody else.

• Baller
After researching and talking to some guys in my state who get down to about -39 I decided that I'm accustomed to my RadaR, a sharp bevel ski and to switch to a Goode, a round bevel ski, would take too long and I don't have that time. I started skiing 3 years ago and news to play catch up as it is seeing as I'm into -28 and all my competition is at 1@-32

• Baller
I've seen 9900's and 9800's drilled with no breakage for at least two seasons. My daughter is ready a Makai with her plates screwed down. But, she only weighs 135lbs. and get into 32 off about 33% of the time. I am thinking though that the ski may break down. When it does I will let you guys know. I've been told that Regina has to change skis every six weeks due to flex breaking down.

• Baller_

Regina does not change skis every six weeks. She is one of Dave's top test pilots and Dave sends her product for evaluation. She keeps her tried and true 9900 world record ski set up and will get back on it if the test ski does not suit her. So far this year she skied the spring tournaments with a too soft Nano then went back to her 9900 and right after the Masters she recieved a new stiffer Nano that she as of last week was still riding.

Also My daughter skis a 9800 that has been drilled and has HO animal's with so far no problems.

• Baller
What I heard about Regina was second hand info. Should not have repeated. As the mom would say, rumors come from the Devil's radio. :) I have had my daughter try a Strada, and an A2 that I am stuck with. She was on a Goode 9500 and is back on another Goode, the 9800. Both skis are drilled with no problems. She skis much better and more consistent on a Goode, but her average goes down tremendously with ZO. She gets actual times in practice with Stargazer, however, ZO is the way to go if you are going to ski tourneys.