Militia's Sac-Town GOLD RUSH practice

Horton

• Administrators

I was able to sit in the boat today for Militia's Sac-Town GOLD RUSH practice. The craziest thing I saw, beside Nate Smith, is the fact that nearly every skier tweaked their ZO letter and number. Us regular guys find a setting and stick with it. The pros are all about moving around according to the boat and the water. I took a Crap Load of photos. More to come. Below are my favs for now.

• Baller
Is Jonathan Travers just messing around with releasing his opposite hand or what? Also, I have heard the same thing from some senior drivers about changing ZO settings; even in the middle of a set as the rope gets shorter or the skier gets more fatigued. Boat + ZO combination makes a difference in the feel of the pull....NO DOUBT!

• Baller
Horton -- thanks for the pictures. I learn something every time I see pictures or video of great skiers. The pictures of Nate Smith approaching the wake from the 3/5 side, in the wake, and exiting the second wake through the edge change are particularly helpful.

Let me qualify this by saying I'm a certified greenhorn. What effect does the boat driver have on the scores? Take the masters for instance, insanely impressive scores across the board on Saturday and unimpressive scores across the board on Sunday in nearly identical conditions. Could it be that the boat driver had a good day on Saturday and a bad day on Sunday?

• Baller
Just a few years ago, running a 39 at a pro event was awesome. Last couple years, it took 3 at 41 to win. I just can't believe one would have to beat 1 at 43 to win now. Glad I'm not a pro skier right now.

• Baller

Wasn't someone here doubting that Nate ran 2 bouys at 43 off at Sunset Ranch? Suddenly that score sounds a lot more plausible. What an awesome time to be a fan of Waterskiing! I don't remember a time when there were so many viable pros competing against each other. Too bad the revolution will not be televised!

JP :)