Favorite gloves?

Than_Bogan

• Supporting Member

I still haven't found anything to truly replace the old Talons (found the similar-looking 4wakes to have surprisingly poor grip).

What's the latest and greatest that I should "upgrade" to? Btw, no clincher-style for me: I'm too paranoid.

• Baller_
Been using the Masterline Curves for the last couple of years but seems they dont last to long, went thru two and a half pairs last year. currently using the half from last year, in some spots I am skin on handle! Just ordered a pair of 41 tails from Tadd, we will see how they fare!

• Supporting Member

Thanks all. I'm interested in the 41 Tail since I've liked HO gloves in the past.

Poking around on the internet it seems like there's a "blue" variety and a "red" variety, and the red costs considerably more. Anybody know the difference?

• Baller
Clinchers. Have yet to try pro-locks cuz I bought a pile of clinchers when it appeared they were going to become scarce. Good for easy grip, and they really spare the hand trauma, especially if used with liners.

• Baller
I have started to use the RadaR "Clinchers" or Vice gloves. I have used them for 3 sets now and I am starting to like them. I have always used MasterLine Kevlar gloves and still keep a pair in the boat when I ski. I am not 100% sold on the Vice gloves just yet but they have been saving my hands from ripping up and allowing me to be comfortable when am doing a long training sets with Jodi.

• Administrators

Love the Tail 41 and or the K- Palm. I just ordered some Radar Strada gloves.

You know you can get the HO or Radar gloves at Marine Products.... Wow how long is it going to be before you guys are sick of that ....

Radar Vice or the former Radar Lock have my vote. They took some getting used to after skiing with standard gloves for a long time but now I would not go back. I have mild/moderate arthritis in my hands and these gloves allow for a better grip, less pain and therefore longer sets. Win, win, win!

• Administrators

@MattP Yea I know.

Support BOS! Click here to purchase gloves

http://www.avantlink.com/tpv/10685/0/33143/43611/-/cl/image.png

Crap! I did it again : - )

When I bought my RPM's they had little ridges out at the finger tips. Wouldn't seem like much of a difference but the 41Tails just never had the same feel. I'll probably just have to call in a pair of Ergo's and see what Radar means by "fingertip bumps"

• Baller

The ProLocks run pretty much the same as Clinchers. I used Large Clinchers and I use Large ProLocks. The Radar Vice on the other hand run extremely small! If buying those definitely get a larger size then you normally would. My brother bought a pair of Radar Vices and had to go two sizes bigger!

Garn