2012 S2

D-Law

• Baller
Been on it for about 5 weeks and ran down the line to within a buoy of my PB first set. Then set a new PB after about 10 sets. On a 66" and think that is all that is available ATM. Has a stepped bottom like the Co-x.

• Baller
Been on it for about 10 sets, first set ran up the line to 2 @ 38, then 3@38 - pb. 7th set ran 4 @ 38 - still dialing it in. Size 66.5 - I'm 160 lb. Ski is very predictable and quick from side to side. Very nice edge change for good position to the ball. I was on an HO A1 prior. Has a ribbed bottom, feels very stable.

• Baller

evolski that sounds so similar to my experience it's not funny! It took me into 38 for the first time and it felt easy! Also on a 66.5 and am 175lb was also on an A1. Feels a lot easier than the A1 which I am certainly enjoying but also feels very solid/stable on the water as well.

8 degrees

29 1/4 I think from memory??

Am back in Winter now and have not had a chance to play with settings but it is working very well with these numbers

• Baller
The picture shows where some of the steps are in the bottom of the ski. The HO Coefficient skis and the Connelly V skis also have a stepped pattern in the bottom. There are ridges in the bottom that slope back. Not a very good description by me. It supposed to help the water flow somehow.

• Baller
Its been a looooooong time since I finished engineering school so I don't remember the details, but, I would guess that these steps disrupt the "boundary layer" on the bottom of the ski and thereby reduce drag. This is the same reason that golf balls have dimples or why they put "turbulators" on aircraft wings.

• Baller_
@Horton, you liked the Coefficient yes???? Is the S2 an upgrade of that, or the S1, or a combination of the two, or a completely different ski all together? Would be interesting to hear side by side test of Co and S2.

• Baller
The function of the stepped bottom as I was told, and as Lieutenant Dan stated, was to break the surface of the water and result in more speed/acceleration. And in my brief experience with the ski, it does just that.