Ski Nautique 176???

Nick Sullivan

• Baller
Made for one year in 1996. Hull was the same as the 1997 but shorter. Sold for $17,995 (no trailer). Typically had a carbed 351 but I had a friend who had a GT-40 in his - rocket! Awesome skiing boat. Just not much room for friends/family.

• Baller
This boat sort of went head to head against the Sportstar 190, as an entry-level tow boat. It is a little rocket ship, even with the carbed motor. Ironically, I just saw one towed by my house about a week ago, after not seeing one for years.

A friend of mine still has his '96 with the GT-40. It came from the factor with a tiny cast bronze rudder. Wouldn't spin and would barely turn. He complained and the factory sent him a fabricated stainless rudder that was a little bigger. It helped, but the boat still wouldn't turn as well as the 196. He pulled it off and welded a couple more inches of plate to the bottom of the rudder. That solved the problem. It runs great. You have to stear it a little more with big skiers, but it's a sweet little boat. Not hard on fuel either...

• Baller_

Being part of the devolpment team at CC at the time the 176 was a great and I do mean great slalom boat. One of the problems was that it was to good with a 11-a rudder and a GT-40. The powers to be at the time asked us to difuse the little boat as they wanted just that a entry level boat that was not quite up to par as their Ski Nautique. The 176 also was the first computor adided designed boat for Correct Craft. It was as wide as a Ski Nautique and tracked in the slalom course even with a deep shortline skier as good as their SN provided it had a 11-a rudder under it. we actually built a number of these little boats and those that have them swear by their performance and love the boat. Ron Scarpa used one for his barefoot school for many years.