Goode 9960 Set - Up

ski6

Been skiing on my Goode(64.25, 125 amp, traditional) 9960 for the past 2 weeks.

Before this was on a D3 Z7. I have adjusted the wing/brake to 7 degree already, was on 9 previously. Fin is at stock currently.

I am finding the ski slow to turn especially on the on-side turn and the acceleration feels like it's coming on late but when it does, it's fast.

How should I fix this? Move the fin forward and the front up? And by how many inches or mm?

No dis to Scott....But IMO 10 thou in depth is too big an adjustment.. take out 3-4 thou and try that. You may loose some off side turn, and width on both sides may or maynot improve. If you feel narrow....and are not breaking at the waist in the lean.....then move fin forward........5-10 thou. The dft requires larger adjustments to be noticed.

You are on the right track. If the ski is not right under you, then "get it there"............easier said than done.

Remember........TOO ALL>>>> THIS IS ROCKET SCIENCE.

JIII

• Baller
I too would move the back binder first. Leaving the fin at stock for the time being. The Goode fin chart is pretty darn accurate for almost everyone, but depending on your brand of binders I have often seen and heard of people having different distances to the front heel and consequently different positions for their back binder.

• Baller

ski6 - What's your height and weight ?

I have a 64.25 Nano, it took about 20 sets to get it working well, although most of it was unfortunatly done in 50-55 deg water. Now I'm back to a couple at 38, but those two are coming a lot easier and I've only tried it a few times as I'm trying to clean up my 35 first. Water is back up to 75 which helps.

I'm .005 shallower, .008 shorter and .005 more forward than spec. Small wing @ 5.75 and front vental.

@jackski

I am 55 kg's(120 pounds) around 170cm(66.92 inches).

Water Temp is 50 here as well - Not Pleasant

Been battling with the ski. I currently can't move the bindings as I had to e-poxy them in as the inserts where wrong.