Feeling The Loss

Jean B

Do you get attached to your boat? I do, I cried when my boat left with it's new owner last week. And now just yesterday Officer Friendly was sad when he sold his boat and it was hitched up ready to be towed to it's new owner. Kool Bean one of the Broho Corgis was feeling his loss too. I didn't see OF cry but I believe he cried when no one could see him. :(

• Baller
MS "They all feel good at - 28 and in"....This wil be very valuable when I try to explain the differences I feel at 15 off behind the different boats!!! Especially when you discover water ballast completely full under passenger seat after first pass...they empty it...then flattens out!

• Baller
I don't hate them...I do realize and have been told many times that a perfect position behind the boat would enable me to ski through a 3ft wake and not even feel it!!!! K....trying!!!! Sorry I got off track on this post:( I'm always sad to see a Nautique go away....I will bawl like a baby when our 196 drives away!!!!! SAD SAD SAD when that day comes!!! BRING BACK THE 196!!!!!

A 2009 196 with around 100 hours would be my choice but there are not many out there. I will low ball every MC/CC promo guy out there to see what we can do and then look at how the Carbon Pro resale is doing. I am just not looking forward to having to have a Yaght/Barge/Cruise ship to drive up and down a 2300 foot lake.

Well at 105lbs behind the newer MC at 15 off, no matter how good an edge I have I can't get a smooth ride, I pretty much get launched at 30mph. A big difference between 30mph and 32mph wake size. at 30mph it is down right dangerous. 32 tolerable, 34 smaller bump but hard as a rock. A noticeable improvement at -22.

My dad bought a boat new in 1975 and he just passed it down to my older brother a couple years ago. He was definitely attached to that thing and sometimes he makes comments about hoe it skied better than my response (he bought his ski at the same time... Could you imagine 30 years on the same ski? - although he now rides mine). I definitely get attached to things so I can see myself owning the boat I have now for a long time.

Mrs MS, trick mode in 196 would work. I think I've done that a few times by accident. OR you could come ski behind our 1993 Sport Nautique, not much difference than the Deathstar... Kelly is very determined!!! Don't underestimate her (& Kenna's) will to ski behind the 196!

• Baller

Jean, I'm crying too! That boat you pulled me with was sweet! But you'll enjoy the new boat. And thanks again for the ride.

Will Bush told me to throw some weights in the bow of my 11 MC to help the 15 off wake for Lisa. Or at least take the batteries out of the back (trick basllast) and run with low fuel. It is really tough for me though because the wake is always so good at shorter line lengths - I don't have enough empathy. Just get good enough to shorten that rope!

Trick mode on a 196? The 196 is unskiable for tricks. RIP. Oh wait , you're slaloming in trick mode! Nevermind.

Eric

I have skied behind 2 197s that have had weight added to the bow and the 28 wake was a brick. In both cases we removed the weight and the wake was butter.

There should be a rule at tourneys that the long line kids and skiers starting under 32 MPH all get the CC200 or Carbon Pro.