Plastic windshield on boat needs some attention. Any suggestions??

Wish

• Baller_
We restored my father's 1963 Gastron. The boat I learned to ski behind. It looks great but as you can imagine the plasic framed windshield is scratched, dull and cloudy. Long shot I know but thought I'd ask. Does anyone know how to clean them up?? Thought some guys with motorcycles or old Mastercrafts may have suggestions. I've seen lots of cleaners and polishes but I have 0 experience and don't know what is good and what is a gimmick.

• Baller
Try a headlight restoration kit. Harbor freight has em. Toothpaste could work too. Use a foam buffing pad. The old owner's manuals said to clean with Pledge. I have a plastic windshield on my 66 Nautique. I use pledge on it and it is in remarkable condition.

• Baller
Best shot might be to just have the cloudy clear plastic replaced. Use the old as the pattern to copy. Some types of cheap thin plastics like those used for motorcycles etc. change chemically internally over time and can't be cleaned up.

Hey Wish do you have any kind of a polisher ? I use my Porter Cable 7424 for everything from my boat to my headlights on the car. If you have some sort of machine to polish the windshield it will go quite fast. Start with a cutting compound then move to a polishing compound and then a wax. Small investment for a great tool you will use over and over again. I would suggest Meguiars starting with the heavy cut and moving to the med and fine. If you follow those steps the windshield will look brand new.

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/17/957.jpg

/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/18/958.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/19/959.jpg/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/0/960.jpg