Radar MPD

Justin_C

• Baller

So I'm a student on a tight budget and have come across a Radar MPD for a good price (I'm currently on an '02 O'Brien Quest... time for an upgrade). Just wondering peoples thoughts on the MPD. I've looked, and besides the Waterski Magazine reviews, I haven't really found many opinions or anything.

Thanks

• Baller
I bought a Strada but am holding on to my MPD. The MPD currently owns my pb but I haven't had much ski time on the Strada due to a HEAVY work schedule. I use a fin program that was designed by Fluid Motion. I know some of people think this program is all smoke and mirrors but I've had great success with it! Ive found that it works well with the Strada too. On some of the MPD's they used a more squared off fin (gold fin) a number of people that I know have switched that fin out to a conventional HO fin with a rounder trailing edge and have found that was more to their liking. I immediately switched to one of Hortons carbon 106 fins and loved it. Butter!!!

• Baller
Its a mini wing that Chet Raley designed that basically gives your ski traction control. You can check it out on the Goode website under Raley Ventrals. They work well! Kinda spendy for what your getting, but I guess you need to pay for R&D. In my opinion, worth the money.

• Baller

Thanks for the comments. I'm going to be giving the MPD a try hopefully this week but there is also a Radar Annex at Wiley's for $400 that looks somewhat appealing as I ski on a public lake and 90% of the time I'm being dragged through the course on an I/O.

• Baller
I'm working through 15 off into 22 off at 36mph. The majority of my skiing is on a public lake (in a course) though so conditions are not always ideal which is why I was wondering about as something like the annex as it has the PU core and is designed a little more for those conditions.

Both the MPD and the Annex are great skis. I'm on an MPD still and I really like it - which is why I am on it still. I disagree that it is an unforgiving ski - personally I feel it is quite easy to ski. I also ski a public lake - though I try to get out at times with as little traffic as possible. I really doubt the annex is going to help you deal with rollers from other boats - if that is what you are worried about.

• Baller
Not so much rollers from other boats, just frequent head/tail winds. Thanks for your input; I do the same as you and try and get out when the water is best but I'm sure you're familiar with the feeling when the water isn't great but you just have to get out!