Southern Region Mens 3

LeonL

• Baller
All due respect to all involved, but you guys take a look at awsasouth.org. On the home page click on "full story" and then look at the picture and post your score on that one. (approaching 3 ball)

• Supporting Member

Sure, that's 2. But since it has to be called in real-time, and the rules emphasize that any doubt goes to the skier, I am not remotely surprised for that to be called 2.25. At full speed, I might also have called in 2.25.

In any case, it wouldn't be CLOSE to the worst call I've seen at a Regionals or a Nationals. I've seen folks awarded buoys that they clearly skied *completely* inside of: i.e. they didn't even touch the buoy on the inside, much less get around the outside. And more than once these calls affected placement in a non-trivial way.

• Baller
I was standing at the end of the course, and it looked like two to me. I was told It was also called two by all three judges, and then they decided to go to video. Not sure why you would do that. In any case it was very fun to watch those guys. Not sure why I fell on my opening pass either? Lot of crazy things. OB ran one of the prettiest 38 off passes that turned out to be 35 off. Boat crew forgot to shorten the rope. Still some great skiing by everyone but me. Damn I sucked in all three events.

• Baller
If it was called 2 by all three judges in order for the video to come into play, the judge monitoring the video had to disagree and then he and the CJ would have to review and make the call. Bad rule -- 2 allowed to overrule 3.