2012 Boats

Skiag

• Members
I had to pay over $600 to replace a KEYPAD on a Nautique (no labor, cost of part only). I will say I felt like the dealer could set whatever price he wanted, and did. I'm certain it is MUCH cheaper than that to manufacture - like maybe $30. Point is, based on that experience, the Linc will not be cheap even though it may be an inexpensive part to manufacture.

• Baller

One can buy a keypad at nautiqueparts.com for $170, with the PN discount. The MSRP on keypads is only $375, so $600 is getting burned badly. Sorry to hear that:(

The new linc is way cool, IMHO. LCD screens are pretty tried and true technology at this point, so I'm confident they'll last - perhaps not as long as good old analogs though. I'm not aware of the replacement cost of a linc, but at least it's only one gauge, versus an entire dash pod (like the Teleflex debacle).

• Baller
While I realize you can do better on pricing buy not optioning a boat out, ski boat pricing has gotten completely out of line with economic reality. Just one more factor that makes it hard to grow our sport with a broader audience and with younger skiers. Water access, boat prices, equipment. Water skiing has priced itself out of the market of most people.

• Baller_
Does any diver look down after the first beep while pulling a skier through the course? Like the new graphics. The angled shadow lines on the side seem to coinside with the spray leaving the hull. Cool!

• Baller_
I will say it looks weird but cange often does. There are several car makes and models that implement this off center gauge package. Now in a car, down and to the right makes no sence. Sure, better forward visibility for grandma and maybe a 10 yr old.