Attn. Jody Seal

tru-jack

• Baller
Jody, I know you ski at and around Pickos ski school, and I see they have a 2011 lxi for sale with the mini tower. I have an 07 of the same boat and am looking to get a newer one and yes with the tower as we're on big water and the kids and guests use the tower a lot. I was planning on going the the new txi, but since I plan on getting the tower and have recently seen one with the tower and it doesn't look like it fits the new windshield well, I started to look at the 2011s and found the boat mentioned above. So, I know you have tried the new txi and thought it was a good boat, my questions are: are you familar with the 2011 at Pickos and is it a solid boat? Is the txi that much better that I should focus on heading in that direction? I know tough questions, but any opinions are appreciated and I have read and respect your opinion and advice. Any others with solid advice I'm all ears. thanks a lot.

• Baller_

Yes I know the boat pretty well it has pulled our tournaments all year. drives and skis as well as any Malibu LXI with Roll bars. Chad did some rudder work on it initially. I have been doing most of the service interval work. The only issue I know of is that the trailer tire picked up a nail and I just repaired it and I am going to put it back on the spare tire rack.

We are going to use the boat this afternoon as we are set up for some practice with Regina. Their were a number of rather good performances with the boat at our tournaments this year. Dennis did a good job of getting the boat to SRB well prepared for the season. very nice boat for what they are asking for it.

• Baller
thanks jody, so Dennis set this one up eh? I bought Dennis' personal 2007 lxi and he did a nice shave on the rudder and it tracks great. Yes, the big boat is perfect for us as we use it a lot and it serves me well for course duty in the am, then typical family boat for the rest of the day. Any opinion on how the txi compares to this one? Also who is the best contact for the 2011 in question? thanks

Tru jack this is a very good driving and tracking boat. Jody and I have driven the boat in several tournaments. Dennis would probably be the best person to contact regarding this boat. He is trying to find a home for it. I have driven and skied behind the txi which is also a great driving and tracking boat. the wakes behind the txi at slower speeds are better than the lxi.

• Baller
thanks Chad, and yes I have been in touch with Dennis, and he knows the boat I'm in and it too is a great driving and tracking boat with a good strong motor, I know they're supposed to be the same, but mine pull hard up to 5300rpm, so it skis great. Ok the slower speeds are better on the txi, but I ski at 55kph, is there a noticable difference from the lxi to txi? I know tough question, but it's not easy for me to get to a demo boat and I'm going to go through Dennis as he has always taken great care of us. thanks

The wakes are better at 15 and 22 off beyond that I thought the LXI was a great boat too. The new TXI is an improvement across the board. But if just looking to upgrade your boat and land in a good boat the 2011 is a great boat, I also have a 2011 identical to Regina's if you know anyone else interested. Feel free to contact me cscott1968@hotmail.com