Skiing near Los Angeles

ral

• Baller

I have not lived in LA for 6 years so correct me if I am wrong. There is free skiing in Long Beach Marine Stadium. It is salt water and you may be able to walk up and get a ride in the salt water. There is a private quarry with a slalom course in Corona, CA. Canyon Lake is private with a slalom course. There used to be a slalom course on Lake Irvine but pretty rough water at times.

Mojave Desert is 2 hours eastish with numerous lakes. Cheyenne, Sundown, Great Lakes, Wet Set, Silver Dunes and Horton Lakes.

Bakersfield has 13 lakes about 2 hours north of LA.

• Baller

Marine Stadium in Long Beach is still open for skiing but there isn't a course and you're going to be fighting with a lot of wake boarders for water. If you go out during the week as soon as it opens (8:00?) you will probably be able to make a couple of sets worth of turns on pretty good water. I would avoid the weekends unless you go off season, which probably means October through March.

It is salt water and I don't know of anyone I can direct you to that puts a boat in there these days.

• Baller

colo-skier,

yes, the quarry is the larger of the two lakes you see on GE. The one that looks like a slalom lake isn't a slalom lake. The larger body of water closer to the gravel pit is where we are. If you zoom in on the North corner, you'll see our launch ramps and severel shipping containers we use as boat storage.

33°51'58.30" N 117°31'29.96" W