What ever happened to the Laser Guided Boat Path Idea ?

Stevie Boy

• Baller

This past weekend I attended 2 tournaments at Palm Bay (FL). One of my judging duties was to monitor the in-boat camera video and boat path video. I watched the boat path for two world class drivers (Gordon West and John Shealy). The term Laser Guided could be used with either of these drivers. The difference between them and a Laser system (IMO) is that they make it feel easy to the skier while maintaining a great boat path. The skier neither runs out of line because the driver countered too soon or turns in to slack because the driver countered too late. This part of driving is the part that is more Art than skill and I just don't think GPS or Laser will get you to this level. I know as a skier, these are the drivers I want in the boat and as a driver, this is the driving I aspire to.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong someday, but I've seen a number of straight boat paths where the skiers hated the pull (drivers not to be named).

• Baller_

I was told by skiers that took place in the A/B/C settings testing that there was a setting that all the skiers loved and was no different then PP. AM did not like it and it never made the cut.

These skiers were on the level with me and I have no reason to doubt them.