2009 SN 196 hour meter stopped - reset steps?

DavidP

Is there an hour function on Zero Off? Used to be, for convenience sake, you could always use the hour meeter on the Perfect Pass gauge to keep track when your hour meter went down.

Alternatively, you could buy an analog hour meter and rig it up out of the way so you don't have to have quite so awkward of a conversation with a potential buyer at some point.

• Baller
Would like to keep the displayed hours legit. Anyone have a Faria Gateway box for sale ? VIN # CTC90033H09 Thanks in advance. Don't they know these boats go 3000 hours ? Pretty lame if you ask me.

Have same problem on my 07 196. My dealer contacted Nautique and was also told to try a new gateway box. They did and there was no change so I wouldn't spend your money on a gateway box. Further inquiries with

Nautique and PCM have not been fruitful except that they will investigate and get back to us if they come up with anything. Only real answer suggested seems to be a new engine ECU which is out of the question.

Nothing to report from here. I do have a new mechanic that insists he can put the computer on it and tell me the hours from the ECM. I’m going to see if that’s true and will post the answer. And Doesn’t help the gauge reading though. I know my boat is over 2K hours and would like to know exactly what they are. And so if I ever sell it I can have it read again for the buyer.