Elite

tsixam

• Baller

I have been skiing on the original Elite since 2009 it´s a great ski but very sensitive and challenging. When I am stacked and patient with my CM in the right place I ski well, wide and early. But too often I am back or forward on the ski and have to struggle to ski my harder passes. And I have not gained any balls since I went from Sixam..

Is there anyone who has experience from the 2010-2011 Elites, what are the differences? I have heard that the sweet spot is larger on the 2010-2012 skis. Anyone who have been skiing on the 2012?

Thanks,

Tsixam

• Baller

To the best of my understanding the 65.5 and 67 are generally unchanged since the 09 version except for minor flex changes. The 68 was modified a bit last year and I hear that the '12 67" will be modified to be more similar to the others.

All that being said, I still don't think it is going to become a forgiving ski. As you said, ride it centered and move it out in the edge change and it's sweet. Get nervous on your back foot and you are done.

(Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this BTW)

• Baller

From what I understood before Adam Cord left O'Brien, what Mr. Jones has stated is true regarding the 68. I am not aware of any proposed changes to the 65.5 or 67. (You will need to ask Pete Surette at O'Brien. However, I doubt they will change these now that Adam is gone) Adam designed the 65.5 after the 67 and incorporated many of the lessons learned on the 67.

With regard to the 67, if you are willing to try an experiment, you might try using the following fin settings. These are the settings that Adam is using on his personal Elite (as of a few weeks ago), and I have tried them on my own. I found that these settings made the ski considerably more forgiving (with regard to getting too far forward on the tip), as well as much faster (!) cross-course.

Depth=2.554

Length (tips)=6.755

DFT=.745

Wing approx 8deg. (Ye, with these settings, a wing, even for 34mph skiers)

@tsixam I switched from a Sixam 2.0 to a Elite Quattro and once I got it dialled in, I added several balls to my regular score. @everyone, I also agree that it is not a forgiving ski but I've also scrapped together some passes that wouldn't have been possible on my 2.0. I also tried an Elite and found it to be similar to the Quattro. The best skiing I've done so far on the Quattro is short and shallow on the fin but the Adam Cord - deep and really short settings are reminiscent of what Lucky Lowe had put on my Sixam, which made the ski less sensitive to lake and temperature changes, so they are very intriguing.

• Baller

For the Quattro, I am running 2.485, 6.865, 0.755, stock binding and no wing (34mph)

However, "Eric" on this forum wrote that he is using 2.50, 6.840, 0.735 and front binding at 29&3/8.

I haven't tried Eric's settings, so I can't comment.

• Baller_

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding