Molding Strada Liners

skier2788

• Baller
I bought a set of Strada boots about a month ago and am wanting to mold them now that I am used to them and really like them. I have been told you stick them in the oven at 250 for ten mintues then put them on and in the ski. Is this the correct method? I can't seem to find the proper procedure anywhere. Probly just looking in the wrong places.

• Baller
If you are going to heat them you need put a toe cap over the end of your foot. If you don't the liner will shrink as it cools and feel too small. I folded up a bunch of paper towels and put a cut off sock over it to hold it in place.

• Baller
I would recommend one pair of socks with a "toe cap" of some kind. I used folded paper towels taped to my toes. If you wear two socks you will get a bit of extra toe room, but you will also create more room around the rest of you foot which I personally wouldn't want.

• Baller

You really want that "toe cap." There is no advantage to having cramped toes in your liners. My advice: get everything ready before you cook 'em. When they come out of the oven, you want to quickly get them set up and your foot inside and the liner into the boot. Boot, Loosened boot laces, insole ready, etc.

Also, I had a 1x2 piece of wood to put under the toe of the boot to create more of an ankle bend position.