Goode Skis - Fire vs 9960 vs Nano

scuppers

• Baller
Tell me everything you know about the current line-up of Goodes. Are there real measureable differences in performance and are the differences equal to the additional cost as you move up the line. Also does the mid ride consistantly out perform the traditional shape etc.??

I tried the mid ride a few weeks ago, normally ski a strada. I did'nt like the mid at all. It bit hard at the ball - both sides, and cross course speed wasnt great. I think set up is critical on a mid - but its not for me. I know some people love it - its really personal, so try before you buy. I'd like to try a nano traditional shape. My two pence!

I tried the mid ride a few weeks ago, normally ski a strada. I did'nt like the mid at all. It bit hard at the ball - both sides, and cross course speed wasnt great. I think set up is critical on a mid - but its not for me. I know some people love it - its really personal, so try before you buy. I'd like to try a nano traditional shape. My two pence!

• Baller

I've tried the Fire Mid and 9960 Mid side by side. I couldn't tell a difference in them. I bought the Fire Mid for $400 less than the 9960 and picked up my pb by 5 1/2 buoys over the next 60 days over my pb on the Elite.

FWIW, the first 2-3 sets I thought the mid took more effort side to side than the Elite. By the fifth set, I didn't think that any longer.

• Baller

I've tried the Fire Mid and 9960 Mid side by side. I couldn't tell a difference in them. I bought the Fire Mid for $400 less than the 9960 and picked up my pb by 5 1/2 buoys over the next 60 days over my pb on the Elite.

FWIW, the first 2-3 sets I thought the mid took more effort side to side than the Elite. By the fifth set, I didn't think that any longer.

• Baller

Sorry for the highjack, but Shane, check your PN inbox. I have a SN200 prop question for you.

Great discussion though, as I'm thinking of trying a Fire Mid, as I'm not digging my X5 as much lately. I'm sure it's me, and not the ski though.

• Baller

Sorry for the highjack, but Shane, check your PN inbox. I have a SN200 prop question for you.

Great discussion though, as I'm thinking of trying a Fire Mid, as I'm not digging my X5 as much lately. I'm sure it's me, and not the ski though.

• Baller

I have had two Goodes, the latest a Nano. Love both of them.

My wife has had two Goodes (9900 and Mid), loves both too.

No really buying into getting "right" one, but its possible, maybe I got lucky.

I'm also not convinced the Nano is $1000 better than a Fire, nor the 9960 is $500 better than the Fire. I would start with a Fire and move up if you don't like it.

• Baller

I have had two Goodes, the latest a Nano. Love both of them.

My wife has had two Goodes (9900 and Mid), loves both too.

No really buying into getting "right" one, but its possible, maybe I got lucky.

I'm also not convinced the Nano is $1000 better than a Fire, nor the 9960 is $500 better than the Fire. I would start with a Fire and move up if you don't like it.

Hope I can give some life to this thread again.

I have to choose between a 9900SL and a D3 Fusion(2012). I am no old-school-style skier, but I am no true west-coast skier either. I think I am in between, leening more towards west-coast.

Please shoot all info/advice you got at me, for me to make a desicion between them.

Thanks.

P.s. I'm in a little hurry with this desicion.

• Baller
Having been on both, I prefer the Fusion. Seems just as fast but more stable. Everyone I know that has tried the Fusion has switched - be that Elite, Goode, HO, etc. It seems that if you get a "good" Goode, you're set. But there seems to be inconsistency ski to ski. And, the D3 customer service is without equal.