looking at new ski purchase

stevee

• Baller

hello, looking for some opinions on new ski options, i skied on goode 9800's for 4.5 years and am ready for a change due to a broken goode. i have borrowed a friends old D3 nomad for the last 20 days and like it, i also skied a strada this afternoon outside the course. Is the fusion a similar ski to the nomad and how does the fusion compare to the strada. i am a 34 mph skier usally skiing 22,28off, every once and a while getting into 32off. i tend to get a little out of position when trying to ski the 32 pass. long and short of it Fusion or strada?

thanks!

Steve

• Baller_
Liked the Strada and rode D3Zst. That particular D3 was great. Strada was great. Felt more consistent on the D3. HO Coefficient Xsl was physically the easiest ski I have ever been on and got soooo much wider at 28 and 32 off. Crazy wide.

• Baller
I recently saw a post on here where someone was selling their 2012 A-2 because they liked the S-2 better. It is very easy and effortless to ski on. Very little load will carry you wide and early. The stepped bottom has very little drag, so it keeps it's energy extremely well.

• Baller
I've been on a D3 Nomad RCX for three years. This year I bought a 2011 Strada and skied it for three weeks, after skiing on an HO A2 for a month. The Strada was great if I could be in just the right spot over the ski, but I'm not that consistent. I ran my first 25, 28 off passes in a row on the Strada, but struggled at 32 off. I ended up selling the Strada and skiing the A2 for nearly the rest of the season. I set several PB's on the A2, the best being 5@35 off. After getting frustrated with my lack of consistency on the A2, I went back and skied my RCX. On the RCX, I felt much more stable and confident coming into the ball on my offside turn than the Strada or the A2. In fact, my off side was often better than my on side. I sold the A2 at the end of the season and am right back were I started - on the RCX. Next year, I'll get a fusion, but I'm definitely going to give the S2 a try. I thought I'd never get another HO after my Moza, but the A2 was a great ski. I've determined the best ski for me is the one I'm most comfortable on, and you have to ski them to find that out. I set a PB on a ski and sold it because I felt more comfortable on my D3, even after not skiing on it for two months.

• Baller

The A2 is the best I have ever ridden. The off-side turn is unbelievable and it is very forgiving as long as you stay aggressive on it. I have not ridden a 9800 or a Nomad. I rode a Vice (basically a Strada) for 6 months and a Strada. I like all three skis but the A2 was best for me.

Consider a demo if you can afford paying shipping back and forth. There is very little risk with D3. You ride it and if you don't like it, send it back. Same with Goode. Ward, Darwin, Schroeder, Horton and Bishop (to name a few) all really like the Fusion. The list of skiers who love the mid is too long to list.