Strada - 66" or 67"

Ntq206

Hey all,

Many folks have recommended the Radar Strada as my next ski. I'm a noob (3 years of skiing) and have been skiing on the HO Comp Freeride series. I've outgrown that ski and need something that I can progress on. I'm still -15 @ 32 but looking to get better and cannot afford to upgrade skis every 2 years.

There is a guy on SIA that has a 66" and a 67" Strada for sale.

What's the concensus here? My weight straddles the two skis - I weight 163 lbs.

Should I opt for the 67" with the speeds and lines I run now, or go smaller to the 66"??

At this point does it really even matter that much?

Thanks all.

• Baller
If you think that you are going to be gaining weight over the off season, do a 67. If you are going to be losing weight or staying where you are then a 66. I have had this same problem and if you are unsure about which way you are going to be in weight next season go with the bigger size for safety. You are still in the range, and you dont risk getting the wrong size ski.

• Baller
Also at 32 you do need to get the right size ski because at that speed your ski is riding high enough in the water so that it isnt creating the drag that occurs at speeds like 24-28. Assuming that your top speed is 34, you should be losing some line length next season which is what that ski is conditioned for. I love the Strada and hope you do to.

Thanks your input everyone. I just want to make sure the 66 wouldn't be too little surface area for the course at 26-28 @ 160 lbs.

Freeskiing, I really enjoy 32 though and can see the 66 is perfect size for that, albeit a whole lotta ski for free ski.

wishing I could find somebody near me with a boat that's not winterized so I could try out my new vice 66" and let ya know. I'm told there's a group of guys who ski on a lake in southern Indiana every new year's day- I'm thinking of driving down with my dry suit, ski and a few cases of beer to see if I can get a pull.

• Baller
@Ntq206 in case you don't know eddie roberts works at Radar. I would go with his recommendations. I do think at the slower speeds the course the 67 would be better and that would hold right through 34 mph and shorter lines. I have a 12 year old that weighs 150 and he is skiing an A2 at 28-34 mph in a 66.5" length. I think the 67 would be the call.