Radar Rail

xrated

• Baller

OK I got the wife a ski for Christmas, 65" P6 with a Rail front and RTP.

Got it from BBSWake on Ebay, talked with the guy when I ordered it and he said for a womans size 8.5, the small binding would fit.

So Christmas day I pulled the binding off the ski so she could try it on and she couldn't get her foot in at first. Loosened all the laces up and I got my foot in, after which she was able to slip it on fine. Her toes are right at the end but she said it is tight width wise but not restrictive or uncomfortable. I noticed the same thing as well.

So my question is, will the binding loosen a little with use and even just being wet?

Also if a guy liked how that binding felt and is looking to try something other then the Venom I have had, what binding from Radar is equivilant to the Rail, would it be the Prime or Vector? Also in going up to a medium would the width increase for the foot or just length?

I think the prime replaced the rail. But if you can spend a little more money go with the vector, it is the better boot out of the two. I have primes on my wifes ski and they do fine. They are easier to get in and out when they are wet also. I am not sure about the width question, I would think they would get larger in width and length with the a bigger size.

• Baller

The Prime is Radar's entry level boot. I am 99% sure the Rail was replaced by the Vector. The women's version (pink and white) of the Vector is called the Lyric.

For sizing reference, my daughter is a Womens 8 or 8-1/2, and is in the small Lyric...the next size up was considerably larger, and had too much slop for her. Her small did loosen up after a few uses, and goes on pretty easily when wet w/ a bit of slime.

I am a Mens 8, and have a medium Vector on a back up ski. I am at the absolute low end of the sizing range for it. Any bigger, and I couldn't and wouldn't use it. I think the medium would be too big for your wife's foot.

Hope some of this helps.

Also if you're going to upgrade from your venoms, u should think about getting the radar strada boots or rs1 boots (very similar). You can probably find some closeouts on them somewhere. I think you would be a lot happier with that set up. But if you don't want to do that, go with the vectors. That rail boot looks just like my prime boot (2010).