Suggestion for Site - Special Tab or Permanent Thread?

skibug

• Baller

I am heading to Florida to do some skiing March 16 - March 18. A good friend of mine lives on Lake Roper; so, I have a place to ski. I am planning on taking some sets at another lake just to mix things up, maybe Travers site; but, I have a lot of flexibility in my schedule and ski school / lake choice. So, here is the point of my discussion title.

I am not sure the thoughts of all Ballers; but, if there were others that were going to be in the area and skiing at a lake / ski school, it would be sort of cool to meet and ski with them. Also, if you knew that there were others traveling to the same destination on the same dates you may be able to set up a group thing.

So, the suggestion is a tab or thread to post your planned ski trips and this may have an influence on others planning ski trips. Just a thought......

So, anyone going to be in Orlando March 16 - March 18 wanting to meet up and ski at Travers, Swiss, etc.?

• Administrators

I like the idea. I have sort of tried things similar in the past. Most of those ideas end up cluttering the site and are unsuccessful.

I want to encourage you to create threads here on the forum with titles like "Trip to Orlando March 16-18". That will have the same effect but will not require me to add structure to the website. The category "other stuff" is intended for exactly this kind of thing.

• Baller
@SkiBug I will miss you by a week down there. Travers is a bit of a drive from lake Roper. I will be skiing with Jodi Fisher. He is a great coach, you should contact him and set up a pull or two with him, He is about 8 miles south down 429 from Roper.

• Administrators

it's not really a nightmare. The lesson I have learned from doing this for a number of years is to keep it simple. We tried that whole thing that looked like Facebook and such. I have always wanted something like LinkedIn for the skiing community but again simplicity is key.

I thought about more or less categories. I think less is better because most of the users do not use the categories to find what they're looking for.