I Just Bought a House In West Palm Beach

T-fromTO

• Baller

Not sure if anyone will find this interesting. But I feel like announcing to the world that I just bought a house in Florida. I live in Toronto and have been plotting ways to spend more time in warmer climates. I was able to convince my husband (a non-skier) that buying in Florida right now is a good real estate investment (which it is).

We bought a fixer upper in the historic Old Northwood neighborhood of West Palm Beach. We paid $130,000 and it needs extensive renovations. I'm psyched for this project and for getting to spend more time in Florida.

I'm planning to join the Ski Club of the Palm Beaches and get some regular ski partners. http://static.cl1.vanilladev.com/ballofspray.vanillaforums.com/uploads/FileUpload/aa/602524cde44a0c8e38b8fef5232c40.jpg

• Baller
Nice.....are you going to haul your boat down there in the fall so you don't have to winterize!(my dream) Leave a car there for when you fly in for the ski weekends and drive back in the spring?.................not that I have ever really given it much thought ;-)

• Baller

@Horton It is on 34th Street between Spruce and Dixie Hwy. There actually is a guest cabin in the back and a big 2 car garage!

@Roger My name is Teresa. I may be able to attend the meeting if it is in the evening.

@skihart I don't have a boat. I ski at a club up here in Canada and ski with friends at Okeheelee when I'm there. I know most of you guys on here own boats but I have no interest in storing, towing, maintaining a boat. I prefer to just pay my way at a club or give money to ski partners.

I know it sounds cheap but keep in mind it needs at least $100,000 in renos but it's got great potential and I'm really excited about the project.

I won't be able to spend the whole winter in West Palm because I still have a life in Toronto and I am not ready to retire (I'm 46). But once it is finished I plan to rent it out short term when I am not using it.

• Baller

@Roger I realized I won't be in Florida until next Wednesday Feb. 7th (got my weeks mixed up) so I won't be at the meeting. Hope to be skiing though. I will be there for 5 days.

I'm not so sure if you guys would be jealous if you could see the inside of the place. But I will post pictures once it has been restored.