Strada Binding Sizing

ScarletArrow

• Baller

Hey Folks...haven't posted in a while, was on IR the 2nd half of last year.

Question - has anyone had trouble with the Radar Binding sizing?

I bought a pair (size 10) and could not for the life of me figure out why the R (rear) felt perfect and the L (front) was too short.

I just figured it was my stance, improper molding, etc.

Anyway, after much trial, frustration and extra money (I bought a size 11 to compare - too big), I concluded that the L liner was a blemish - holding it up side-by-sdie with the other revealed that is was a full size shorter.

So I purchased a new size 10 liner and this version is much thicker than the older one.

It's so thick that it's a chore to jam into the shell (these things would never release), and while my toes don't need to curl to fit inside, it's not real comfortable in the toe box.

So, anyone else have the same experience? Maybe I have 2 different size feet? Maybe I've just run into a bad batch? Should I mold the liner (I've heard you shouldn't).

I'm considering using the size 10 shell...with a size 11 liner...with a size 10 insole - seems complicated, but I really like these bindings.

Thoughts?

• Baller

Mine fit great. They were bought at the end of 2010.

My friend bought 2011 size 12's like mine, brand the boot is a little snugger fitting. You may need to heat them and wrap your toes before putting them in while they form. This I'm told gives you some wiggle room.

• Baller
Mine are perfect and the same front or rear. There is nothing wrong with molding the liners. If you choose to do the molding yourself, there is a pretty good video on the FM site that works well. The 2012 liners are indeed thicker than the previous ones; but I don't see why they wouldn't release assuming you have a size 10 liner in a size 10 shell...

• Baller

Thanks for your input guys, I think I've finally determined that my left foot is slightly longer than my right.

I went with size 10 shells (my normal size) with a size 11 liner (2011 version) and size 10 insole on my left foot.

I mixed and matched a bunch of different combinations of new and old and of various sizes, and this is what just felt right.

It will be a pain when I need to buy replacements, but at least I have some resolution.

• Baller

Thanks for your input guys, I think I've finally determined that my left foot is slightly longer than my right.

I went with size 10 shells (my normal size) with a size 11 liner (2011 version) and size 10 insole on my left foot.

I mixed and matched a bunch of different combinations of new and old and of various sizes, and this is what just felt right.

It will be a pain when I need to buy replacements, but at least I have some resolution.