New MC ProStar 197

lpskier

• Baller_
I am skiing this week behind a brand spanking new 2012 ProStar. I am happy to report that the 22 off ankle breaker has been mysteriously corrected. I am told that the hull is unchanged but that the engine is new. I don't know if it is the drive shaft angle or what, but the boat is wonderful at 22, 28 and 32. I also skied behind the Malibu that Regina set her record on last fall. Sadly, I did not run my 39.

Lpskier

• Baller_

Ok! My feed back as I am currently looking at Greg Chapman's 2012 PS 197 at the dock!

Just took a set behind it. It is a 6 liter boat. Wow! surely different then what I experienced from the 2011models.

Very nice smooth pull, RPM's with me on the string at 28 and 32 off were right at 3400 RPM. B-2 felt great. getting ready to take a second set before the rain sets in. If the rest of the Mastercrafts this year are like this one they are in for a great year!

• Baller_

Ok! My feed back as I am currently looking at Greg Chapman's 2012 PS 197 at the dock!

Just took a set behind it. It is a 6 liter boat. Wow! surely different then what I experienced from the 2011models.

Very nice smooth pull, RPM's with me on the string at 28 and 32 off were right at 3400 RPM. B-2 felt great. getting ready to take a second set before the rain sets in. If the rest of the Mastercrafts this year are like this one they are in for a great year!

• Baller
See, now that's what I thought during 2010. The white/blue boats were freaking sweet skiing. And then last year's(much like 08 and 09), to varying degrees, were like skiing behind loaded dump trucks. MC swears there were no changes to the running gear or hull. But I'm not buying you can have that big of a difference in pull and wake characteristics without some sort of change. The strut didn't seem to make a hill of beans difference in the wake from what I experienced on boats with and without.

• Baller
See, now that's what I thought during 2010. The white/blue boats were freaking sweet skiing. And then last year's(much like 08 and 09), to varying degrees, were like skiing behind loaded dump trucks. MC swears there were no changes to the running gear or hull. But I'm not buying you can have that big of a difference in pull and wake characteristics without some sort of change. The strut didn't seem to make a hill of beans difference in the wake from what I experienced on boats with and without.