New Extend Radar handle

ral

Has the handle assembly been approved by the AWSA technical committee? If not the rope must be attached to the handle by passing the rope through the handle twice. This can be a non-issue if the assembly is presented to the tech committee along with the appropriate testing results. (AWSA rule 8.04d).

It also states that the handle must be between 1.00" and 1.25" in diameter which makes the triangular and eliptical handles a potential issue. Again, I suspect if Radar took a pro-active approach to get this in front of the tech committee (and they may already have) it would be a non-issue.

Frankly I think it's a pretty good idea!

• Baller
I tried a triangle handle many years ago, and even the eliptical, both are tough on the fingers imo. They both made a lot of sense, but maybe I am just too heavy on the line for them. For tricks or wakeboard, might be good.

• Baller_
I am not a Radar skier, but I have a hard time believing that they didn't thoroughly think through all these issues before putting the product on the market. I saw the product at Performance and thought it was pretty cool. Nevertheless, I plan to stick with Brenda/In Tow.

Lpskier

Unfortunately I'm in the market for a new handle after I left my Masterline handle and gloves in FLA last month. Mine was a .94 diameter.

Questions from a newb:

A .94 dia isn't approved for tournaments? What do women and people with smaller hands do?

My Masterline gloves (the ones like the Clinchers) I have found to be most effective with going with the smallest handle diameter as reasonably possible. The handle will "dig in" to the dowel strap. Smaller is better. The new Radar doesn't go that small.

Will a triangle shape work or go with the eliptical?

Thanks......