SG hot second segment

usaski1

• Baller
I just learned, after sking SG for a year, that my second segment times are WAY hot. Never noticed before, it is less pronounced at slower (mid 20's) speeds. Slow forst segment, hot 2nd segment. I know this has been discussed here before. Any fixes, besides Z-box (which I will get now sooner than later) Im running in gps mode... I assume if I put it back to classic mode, it would correct it.

• Baller
thanks Scott... do I need to do any of this tweaking with the Z-box? I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and get the Z-box this week. I was so pissed this am when I finally figured out what was up..

• Baller

I have run about 5 sets myself and pulled about 7 sets using Z-Box. So I'm not a ZB pro, but I'm getting a feel for the system. I'm sure you can tweak the system ad nauseum depending on your level of type A. From what I can tell the system tries to dial in the perfect boat speed between the 55's and the gates, so your baselines are far more important with Zbox. If your baseline is too low, the system pulls a bit between the 55's and the gates. If your baseline is too high, the system shuts down a bit at the 55's. But after the gates, the handle becomes the boat throttle, and times work themselves out appropriately between the gates. Compared to SG, I strongly advocate it. Night and day for me