Choosing a new handle

FrankS

I just purchased the Radar Extend Detachable handle a few days ago. I have not had it in the water yet, but the construction looks extremely nice, and I really like the way the handle rubber feels, especially when compared to my other two old handles. I also like the idea of replacing just the bar in the future instead of the whole handle.

I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the yellow sides on the handle, they are some hard plastic, but not sure about them yet. They have padding on the inside of the yellow supports. The handle weighs more than the Strada, but I feel will last longer (we have guests on our boat that somehow seem to break things).

I looked at the US Gear handle and it looks kind of wierd with the grip going around that curve thing at the ends of the handle. Do you like that part of the handle? I was just wondering because it it different from all the other handles that I have seen.

• Baller
@FrankS, I especially like the rounded ends for a couple of reasons. FIrst and foremost; I have had "0" miss handles, where you get 2 -3 - 4 fingers on the bar and the others on the bridle rope. With the rounded ends, when the situation occurs that you accidently grab the rounded part of the handle (which would be the blunt end and part of the bridle of a normal handle) you can still get all the leverage you want until you release for the next ball. Also, your pinky finger won't get a callus or blister like it can on conventional handles. The rubber holds up extremely well and is very grippy. My year old handle shows no rubber wear. They are also anti-roll and they also float.