Major Web Site Upgrade

Horton

• Administrators

It may not look like much from where you are sitting but I have been working on it off and on since February.

Thanks to lawyers and hackers it had to be done.

I do not expect anyone to have trouble but I am sure someone will.

If can not log in or something send me an email Horton @ BallOfSpray DOT com

• Administrators

Thanks guys. It was really really hairy doing this all myself. It is really a whole new site and new software but with the old data.

@Wish yes all that stuff was there before but it was hard to find. I am still not done reorganizing some of it and fixing some stuff. As an example the link to the Google Earth is broken.

• Baller_
@Horton I was kidding on the home screen botton. It does look good on comp screen! Print got more spread out in the Forum section so print becomes super tiny on IPhone. Not a huge deal. Just a lot more swipe moving and pinch to zoom. Thanks for your hard work.

• Baller
@Horton So sorry to post this and spoil the perfect upgrade... I found one bug/concern. Try to edit and existing forum post (one created before the new software). The system gave me a message "no longer exists" error and I could not save the changes. I had to hit the cancel button and all was back the way it was before attempting the change, so no changes...

• Administrators
I am sure there are going to be some bugs. Mobile is no where near done. I am sure that some link refs are going to be broken. It will all be better in time as we are now on current software. If nothing else I am more sure hackers can not crack the site like they did last year. Was that last year?

• Administrators

@qbit

I know there is or was a firefox issue. Firefox? Really?

I am taking a break tonight and all weekend but next week I will work on a punch list for the last few things that need to be buttoned up.

Thanks for you patience

Something I've thought for a while @Horton, I'd like to see a Banner at the top of the forum pages that scrolls all the recent hedlines you've got on the Home Page.

Too often I go straight to the forum & don't bother to look to see waht is of interest in the news on the Main page.

I'm sure I'm not the only person guilty of this type of behavior & it would be good to have it displayed as a banner on the forum pages.

Could be up here in the screen dump.

1abb1914a10667ceb8253103cc8174.jpg

@Horton Was wondering if there's any way that when you click on a thread from the home page (to view new posts in that thread) that you are taken to the first of the new posts? I know other forums that I'm on (non ski related) do this. It would save scrolling around to find the new posts, especially if it's a longer thread. Just a navigation idea for when you have nothing else to do. ;-)

• Administrators

iPad, iPhone and Android people should be mostly happy again. The change I made is temporary but is pretty good.

Safari people. This may take some time. If you want to send me screen shots that would help. I do not own a Mac so I can not see the issue.

• Baller
The mobile formatted site has been turned off for the time being. At the moment if you access from a mobile device you will be seeing the full real site. This is a temporary work around until the mobile site is fixed. Sorry for the hassel but at least you can read via mobile

• Baller_
What @Drago said....text is so tiny that it needs to be expanded to the point where your swiping back and forth to see all the text. Grab someone's IPhone and check. Wasn't like that. One thing that's nice about the iPhone is the double tap on a text and it makes the txt fit the screen. Could easily read txt off ballofspray. Not now. Just an FYI. Not complaining....ok maybe a little ;)

• Baller
Now we're in Bizzaroworld: I looked and looked for that link on home page. Could not find it, BUT... At the bottom of the page was, so I selected that and now everything is cool. I'll just stay here.