Slalom Handle and Mainline

tfriess

• Baller
Depending on your handle diamater and length. I would just go for the custom, and their 11 section rope. I just got my new handle and rope in the mail last week. I love it. Its a product made by skiers for skiers.

• Baller

Agree with Ron, and highly recommend the New 11 Section Masterline Pro "Knotless" Rope, with sliding loops. This is a real safety factor. Also has a really "Large Loop" on the Handle end. You can fit a Handle through it without folding it. Great for using Handle Guards, which I totally recommend.

This rope does not seem to twist as much when dragged behind the boat. Lack of knots may have something to do with having a really clean rope.

• Baller
Masterline ropes, or Performance Pure from FS braiding at Performance Ski and Surf of Orlando as a less expensive alternative. If you find a handle you like, stick with it. Masterline makes good handles too.

• Baller
12 inch is pretty standard. 15 and 6'1? Lucky.... um depends on where you like to hold the handle and how big your hands are. I use a .940 squeeze into Small ML gloves and hold it in my finger tips. If you hold it farther down the hand I would say go with a larger diamater. Its all really personal preference. If you can try some of your friends handles and see what you like best, or get one and sell it as slightly used and try another.

• Baller
I have some large 41 Tails. It seems that with whatever handle I'm using, I spread my hands as far as I can. But I do like the 12 because it feels like I can keep my hands together a lot better. I feel like with a 12 I might miss the handle when I pull out tho.

• Baller
@Tfriess, I bought a masterline rope with extra loops last year. Helps me when trying to get to that next line length. I also had a 13" masterline straight handle whatever the most expensive one is. I just started about 2 weeks ago using a 13" bent handle from US Gear with the radius ends. The more I use it the more I'm liking it. Haven't missed a handle grab with it. I often did before. Also my left elbow has stopped hurting. I used 12" handle for years and wish I had went to 13" a long time ago. I'm 6'2".