Logging sets

Double7s

• Baller

As slalom junkies I think we all tend toward OCD. Most seasons I have enough fingers and toes to count my success on purple. If I get beyond that, maybe I'll write stuff down. OK, who am I kidding.

My job is precise, my free time precious. The time I spend on the water is technical for sure but is also a source of relaxation. I can't be so regimented or I would lose the relaxation/stress release. For others recording may be important and that's ok too. Whatever brings the most enjoyment to time on the water is worth it IMHO, and that will vary by individual.

• Baller

Been doing it for a few years at myskilog.com

its interesting going back. With how slow my progression is (ski 50 sets a year lucky) it gives me something to focus on and work towards. Thankfully with the log I actually can see the progression

@Double7s... I too log every set I ski! I started on myskilog.com a few years ago and now in my own journal... It is kind of fun to see where you are each year and what the conditions were/are (weather temp, water temp, wind, boats, lakes, drivers, settings, bindings, ski's, time of day, which set in the day, what you were working on, tips that worked and those that didn't...etc) ... I know that is a lot to think of and believe me I do NOT think of these on each of my sets... But we all enoy this sport so much and we want to get better that some of us do this...

I enjoy comparing where I am at now, and just this year I am keeping a personal PB list just for this year and not 1, 2 or 3 years back... I think that is making it that much more fun and I still look forward to those little PB's 1/2 buoy at a time:-)

• Baller

When I skied enough to matter, what I found that worked, was to keep notes on what I was working on and review it before I jumped in the water. This was more like a spot check with 3 or 4 KEY things to think about as they were not quite muscle memory. Kept on a note card in my car, so easy to look at before skiing.

It would look like:

Elbows in at second wake

Push ski out in front after wakes

Pull off shoulder back in per turn.

Hip to handle

Lots of times just running out to lake and jumping into the water I would just ski and not focus, this helped.

• Baller
I've done it for many years in a notebook. Allows me to review comments about what I was doing when skiing well. What I was feeling at the time or what I was working on. See what ski settings worked with different lakes and water temp. There are all kinds of comparisons you can make. All my better years to date show I free ski more often than I ski the course. Doesn't take much time at all.

• Baller
@scarletArrow it is still alive and functional, but there are some bugs. no 2012 skis in the database and no recent updates so obviously Wade as bounced. according to his blog and linkedin he's working in Arizona doing web stuff... would be good to connect with him & see if the site can be updated.