Midwest Regionals

GAJ0004

• Baller
Stop by the Dock just north of the starting dock on the slalom lake, east. That's where @bradb, he owns the house, and I will be hanging out. @MS will probably be there as well. On Friday night a local artist will be singing in the backyard/dock. If you show up on Thursday, I'll be running practice. It should be a fun time. I'm also M3 slalom.

• Baller_
Say, speaking of practice @gjohnson. I'd like to get a practice set in on Sat evening when we get in. Is there anyway I can sign up? Wont get there till 7:15pm though. Looking forward to it.

• Baller_
@gjohnson I can ski later into the evening, that doesn't matter to me. I've just heard that sign ups for practice will be at 6:30. I wont be there by then so can I get a contact info and call in and possibly get a practice time slot.

• Baller
@Wish Once you get to the site, go to the east lake starting dock. It's on the south end of the lake. You'll need to buy a practice ticket from the registration trailer. I run practice and use the rule "You need to be here to ski here". Last year, people were trying to sign up friends who weren't on site yet while I've got skiers sitting next to their gear waiting to ski.

• Baller
I am dialed in practice. In my last couple of mornings out I have tied my practice personal best cold off the dock 2 out of 5 sets. 3@35off. Once on the starting dock I will be easy to spot. I have the black and red neovest, and wetsuit shorts. I also wear a black and red shorty wetsuit when I trick.

• Baller

Thanks, John.. I want to see everyone ski their best. I know how hard it is to get there. If I can get to 35off, and stand up through my trick run I will be extatic. I never thought I would ever get this far. My goal for the summer was to break into the top 5 in slalom in Ohio, and number 1 in tricks in Men 3 in Ohio. What frequency? My parents will be with me, and maybe another one of my cousins..

No beer for me, but chow is always good..

• Baller_
Ok, why are the Ross brothers not attending. How about @cowtipper? I travel 1800 miles to meet you all and it's a no show. What gives? I've already met @MS. So someone has to redeame the good state of MN. It can't just be @MS, it just can't be!! ...... Oh wait, I did meet Mrs MS, @Pjirsa and OTF...ok,, I feel better now. see ya-all up there.

• Baller
@Wish -- I have an annual week long get together with my brother and about 5 other couples that come to my house and ski and drink beer. We typically go through 2.5 kegs and a bunch of liquor, ski, play cards, play corn hole and pretty much have a great time. They arrive this weekend and are here through next. Just can't get to either State or Regionals.

• Baller

@gjohnson I need 2 @ 39 from you...ski it up!

@wish we put 32 hours on @razorskier1's boat during this week last year. Basically buoys till you can't no more and then take another set. Keg beer on the beach. We are planning to be at the skiwatch fall double which is at least a little bit closer to your neck of the woods. Good of you to make the trip north....ski well and have fun!

• Baller

@Razorskier1 I'll be at both sites hoping to put up a score and have a beer. See you then. Until then, Drink, Ski, and be merry. Next year the MWR tourney will be at TLE3 again, you can plan around it.

@6balls I'd like that. deep purple would be just fine. I haven't had a G&T in a while, I think I'll throw one into the mix.

• Baller_
Had THE best time at MW Reg. Skied well for the strong winds for men 3. Well for some of us anyway. No complaints though. Everyone there was incredibly nice. Greatest site for viewing, and the water felt like butter. I'm sure those that put on the event were hoping it went well for the skiers. From my perspective and I'm sure everyone there, it was flawless. Cannot thank those enough that put the time and effort into all that was there. I cannot imagine the man hour that went into that. So thank you thank you thank you all !! I had family and friends there (from my home state of MN) that had never seen tournament skiing. They all were very impressed and said it was more like a family festival. If it is there next year, I WILL skip South Regionals and come back.

• Baller_
@pjirsa sorry I missed you there. We had a camper out on the peninsula close to judges tower so we hung out the most of the time. Did catch @MS in the announcers tower. Apparently that's his breakfast eating spot.

• Baller

Kent, great to meet you.. The tournament ran very well. I was glad I got a chance to see my cousin ski. It has been a long time. The wind was not too bad, but I was a little rusty since I had not had slalom practice in over two weeks. I had a two tournaments last weekend. I am done for the year unless I can get the saturday of labor day weekend off to do a 3 event tourney at Dave's Pond in Edinboro PA.