Unbelievable Picture Sequence of the Craziest Turn I Have EVER Had

Detrick

During the Western Regionals I had a runoff since I had tied for 3rd with 2.5@39. We had been waiting for about 35 minutes before we took 38 cold off the dock. The photos below are by LMP Photography and are a sequence of 2, 3 and 4. There was a lot of talk about this after I skied as everyone, me included, tried to figure out how this happened. I talked to a few people who had different view points and they all gave their own crazy story which made me think how I didn't end up in the water. I think Matt Brown's story may be the best. He had a view from the dock looking down the lake from behind. I am working on getting the boat video. I will post that as soon as I get it.

More photos can be found on my website - www.BrianDetrick.com

c78710dfd0e46b0ce432370ee02851.jpge11d3600333461f5894b4401bd84f0.jpge3854749cb477b006cfdc9c2d6ba93.jpg08d580fd2c9d58f3ad927dec803a39.jpgdf4d7f919cf3aa63f1e60393e22166.jpg5722a2ef1cae2f9b3343d4a0eff191.jpg5a1856bb36bebd20cd5c0fcb709bf1.jpged91a9aca937f24615e64c857b63d8.jpg

• Baller
@Detrick I saw this on the front page and can't believe you came out of that turn! Looking at the LAST pic in the sequence, I would've given you a hard time about wearing a daisy duke swimsuit if I didn't know what caused it. That's way more butt than I ever wanna see on any dude! ha Great skiing!

• Baller
I ski with Brian a good bit, he can pull off some heroics but this is insane. My favorite pic is the one loaded up behind the boat. Based on the last pic he joins the "Badal wardrobe malfunction club"! Kip ripping BFD and good luck at Malibu!!!

Coming into 3 I still thought that I was going to crash until I was able to release. Most people on shore were at 3 and said that my eyes were enormous and they agreed with everyone, that I was showing too much butt. It is not comfortable skiing with your shorts that high.

@SkiJay - I never felt the ski come 100% out of the water, I think 1% of it stayed connected to the water and that is what allowed me to pull it off.

@Brent - I did that same "Superman" at 3 ball at 39 at Regionals as well. The company doing the photos had a bad disk and lost 6 out of the 8 open men skiers' photos but they were able to get the run off. I am trying to get the photos from 3 ball from someone.

@bishop8950 - Thanks Bishop! Keep up the great seeing as well!

@Joeprunc - I have sent the photos to HO, we will see if they do anything with them