Anyone go from A-1 to a Strata?

ToddF

• Baller
I went from a 67.5" A1 to a 68" 2012 strada, I went 3 bouys better on my first ski on it, I was really impressed with how much faster it was and how hard it turned while still being stable forgiving, it allowed me to be late and jump all over it to get it turned and across course, my consistancy went through the roof, it just felt easier to ski on and less physically demanding.

• Baller

I've gone from a 2010 Strada to an A2, with a Goode Mid in between. The Strada, to me, was too tip loose. I could never feel like the tip would engage. On the A2, the tip engages and the ski turns horizontal to the water. Some people, I'm sure, like that tip attitude on the strada. I just wasn't one of them. That said, Rossi looks more tip down on the 2012 Strada than he did on the previous ones. So maybe they've made some minor changes to it. Or maybe his skiing has changed a bit.

As far as the AM goes, I'd want to try it before buying it. I know two 39 off capable skiers who have tried the 67 AM recently and couldn't run their openers. They said the ski was ridiculously big and felt like they were skiing on a Connelly Big Daddy or something like that.